Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
Okay here is the deal:

280k miles
Heads are off right now to do headgaskets, and studs
It has the original CP3 and Injectors

Questions... Should I replace the cp3 and injectors? They "work" fine right now, cp3 holds rail "for the most part"... i'm looking for longevity really at this point... I just don't want to tear it apart again in 20k miles because something went bad...

Thanks,
Travis

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
Only real way is to know, is to have your injectors tested. Mine worked fine, but during my motor build I had the injectors tested, 3 of them showed high return rates, and had rust on the seats. They aren't cheap to replace either, reman Bosch injectors are about $3,100, and reman Bosch pump is about $750.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
If it was an LB7 I would say injectors for sure. I have no idea on an LLY. What were the balance rates before you tore it down? In any case, your injectors on the LLY are not too hard to do later.....

As far as the CP3 goes I'm wondering the same thing about mine, but I only have 250k on Emma. This may be a good time to do the replacement.

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
How big is your max effort tune? Mine holds rail no problem on a 3150 pulse, last time I logged it anyway:D

Mine only holds rail at about 21-22kpsi when commanded is 26kpsi on my max effort tune

I run ridgerunner tuning... so however big that is... lol

But yea cstephen I would say thats probably what mine is like, its kinda been a while since i logged rail pressure, but i just remember is was a couple thousand below commanded.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
I run ridgerunner tuning... so however big that is... lol

But yea cstephen I would say thats probably what mine is like, its kinda been a while since i logged rail pressure, but i just remember is was a couple thousand below commanded.

Yeah. Mine will make just about 21-22kpsi but commanded like i said is 26kpsi. Its annoying. Even though the LLY cp3 is supposed to make 23kpsi and the LBZ can make 26kpsi.

ATP said they have thousands of LLYs running Robs race tune with no issues making 26kpsi. So it looks like Im going to have to buy a new cp3 or upgraded cp3

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yeah. Mine will make just about 21-22kpsi but commanded like i said is 26kpsi. Its annoying. Even though the LLY cp3 is supposed to make 23kpsi and the LBZ can make 26kpsi.

ATP said they have thousands of LLYs running Robs race tune with no issues making 26kpsi. So it looks like Im going to have to buy a new cp3 or upgraded cp3

Injector/s with High return rates can cause low rail issues as well... I had 2 with high return rates and perfect balance rates. It would only hold 18k rail.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Injector/s with High return rates can cause low rail issues as well... I had 2 with high return rates and perfect balance rates. It would only hold 18k rail.

I cant afford a new set of injectors right now. I'm probably going to replace them all at some point when I build my motor after I pay off my truck. I know I could just buy one or two, but Id rather buy a new cp3 since id need one anyways eventually at 218k miles