Scripting Question?

Physiksgeek

Jul 31, 2022
Crane Hill, Alabama
Recently purchased an LBZ 4wd. I have tunes on an LBZ 2wd. Currently using versions of HondaRider's 50hp tow tune and JoshH 120hp race tune on the 2wd. Have versions of the original and the tow tune with turbo brake. Not wanting to reinvent the wheel so I want to share between the two trucks. Issue is the OS are different between the two. Looks like the 4wd has an 07 LBZ short bed ECM/OS (12632483) and the 2wd is different (12606128). I have the (an) original from my truck plus I also have a zip file with numerous original scans that I may have downloaded off this site.

Have done quite a bit of research on trying to script the differences. Never have done one though. A lot of the links I have found are dead and the threads I have found kind of brush over the last part. Got questions

1. Is there a good tutorial you would recommend?
2. Should I worry about things like tire size "stuff/differences"? Should I make those changes in the original then generate a script?
2. When I pull the files to compare in to FlashScan v3 does it matter which order they are in FlashScan? Should the original file be in 1st place and the tune with the same OS as the alternate (2nd place) does it matter? When I generate the script does it generate differences period or does it generate differences of original to Alternate or Alternate to original based on the order they are compared? If that makes since?
3. The part that gets brushed over a little is running the script on the "other OS" file. Wish I had a better explanation on this. Most videos and threads are on autocal 7.5.5 so the steps are a little different but more importantly none seem to wrap up that last part in a neat little bow...lol....which unfortunately is what I need.

My abilities on flashscan are below average. Outside of the things I have needed I have little experience. Silverlining.....the things I have needed I have at least become somewhat proficient at those....lol

Thanks in advance.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Personally I just copy paste the tables over. I figure by the time I set up the script I could have copied over the tables by hand. And it allows you to inspect each tables format and see if something wouldn't be compatible. Such as the asis or columns

My 2¢

Lennydmaxguy

Just another diesel tech
Nov 8, 2023
Somewhere, USA :)
Personally I just copy paste the tables over. I figure by the time I set up the script I could have copied over the tables by hand. And it allows you to inspect each tables format and see if something wouldn't be compatible. Such as the asis or columns

My 2¢
^What he said.^

Just don't copy all differences. The ones to do are things like fuel rate, torque, main pulse, main timing, and boost. I would leave differences in pilot injection alone. And definitely fuel tank setting, gear ratios, etc

Physiksgeek

Jul 31, 2022
Crane Hill, Alabama
Appreciate the replies 2004LB7 and lennydmaxguy.

It may be a result of not comparing like for like versions of AutoCal or working with slightly outdated info, but in my research…there were comments like “don’t copy the tables it takes the OS with it” (paraphrasing). May have been a misunderstanding on my part but that’s what got me down the path of scripting.

So one of the parts I am proficient at….is definitely copying tables…lol. I’ll just do that.

Thanks