S475 won't clean up smoke

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
:thumb:

I'm extremely interested to see what it runs since we have the same size injectors, but I don't have dual pumps yet. I've been wondering how deep in the 11s you can go on fuel only without a lot of fuel. My turbine is 87mm and it'll have a 1.0 soon, but they should be fairly close.

I don't want to set my hopes too high, but I have a goal of 11.5 or faster this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Guys have gone 11.5 on single pumps and 30% injectors with good 60's. Shouldn't be hard at all

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Going to plug the hole with some JB Weld and see if that will keep it fixed temporarily as I don't have time to change out my intercooler right now. Finals are next week, and a dyno competition this Saturday.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Got a revised tune with my MAF adjusted down and it runs much better, way less smokey until the charger builds some boost and then the fuel comes in.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Got a revised tune with my MAF adjusted down and it runs much better, way less smokey until the charger builds some boost and then the fuel comes in.

That's not why its not fueling as hard...........;)......... these are TQ based ECMs and not MAF Based, I placed TQ limits on all of the tunes, the LB7 and LLY trucks are MAF limited, that went away on 2006 for the most part.

:thumb:

MAF is a very misunderstood sensor, I needed to prove to you that by altering the MAF sensor scaling you would see a difference in the data log, but it was not MAF that altered the fueling, it was the TQ limits I applied.

But I get tired of trying to explain this to customers, so I just did what I needed to do.

Everyone has an opinion, your inter cooler was cracked and may still be leaking boost, so it was smokier before because you had a boost leak.

Just let me know how you want me to change your MAF Sensor so it reads what you think it should on the data log and I will keep rescaling it until it makes you happy.

Or you can trust me and let me do what needs to be done.