s366 question

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Alright finally got around to pressure testing my truck today and now im stuck cause apparently no one works on diesels on sat and no one wants to answer the phone or call me back to help me out! Anyways I found a leak at the hose that runs from the turbo to the wastegate, ok got it easy fix, well the 90 barb fitting that comes out of the turbo has a drilled hole on the bottom of it??? Soo is this supposed to be there or what? Cause how is it gonna hold boost at anytime with this hole?? Please any insight would be helpful, the trucks sitting apart in the drive!:confused:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
No that doesn't' sound tight post a pic. Calm down its not a big deal your not in big danger with the waste gate line leaking you can still drive your truck no worries. You don't have enough fuel to hurt anything.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
i checked on blksmokeslb7 and he has the same hole, its litterally a counter sunk pin hole and its to the left of the set screw, id try and take a pic but i cant get it to load up on here???

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Kinda on the same subject what is that Allen hex Plug there for on the top of the elbow? Or was it just for machine processing?

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
The hole is supposed to be there. the allen plug and orifice are to bleed off some of the pressure the wastegate senses therefore raising the boost pressure before the wastegate opens. The orifice is no where neear big enough to cause a overall boost pressure drop.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
ok, so how are you supposed to pressure test the entire system if its just gonna bleed out the elbow? and yeah most of my loss is from the pcv reroute tubes. so whats that mean? the motors hurt or what? what if i put a new elbow without that on in there what will happen?

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
If you put just a regular elbow in, the only thing that will happen is your boost presure will be lower. Think of it as a boost fooler, cuase that's all it doing. It's making the wastegate see less boost pressure than there actually is. You will have air coming out of the blowby tube if you are trying to pressure test the entire intake system.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
ok so since ive put this turbo on the max ive seen is 30lbs which is extremly low, ive got 1 boost reading directly after turbo on 3 in ic pipe and the other after intercooler in the bridge

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Fwiw... I didn't gate my 366. I plugged it. I don't see a need for it really. Unless you spray nitrous. With my tune, I see 45# peak.

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
To the compressor side of the turbo.

Exactly what i thought. So how is air coming out of the bleed orifice when he is pressurizing the system? Is he pressurizing it through the turbo intake? Usually when you leak test, you pull the pipe off the turbo and pressurize through there.