Rust inhibitor

Lt. DMAX

Nov 4, 2016
Southern Tier of NY
I have rust in the rockers from the inside out. Want to spa ray an inhibitor in through the drain holes and holes covered with grommets. Seeking a recommendation on what products to select from. FYI in NY so rust is the norm from salt use.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
If rust has already started, and can't be cleaned off, something like Fluid Film needs to be sprayed inside. It will creep into the rust and keep moisture out of it. Something that dries and hardens will worsen the issue if sprayed inside the rocker that's rusty.

DuramaxRamRod

Oct 11, 2014
NH
10 dollar garden spray and lots of oil, my 08 is rust free and the oil and dust is holding my explorer together.
I think I read it in one of your other posts, you just use waste oil and spray it down? Are you misting it on and just letting it sit for awhile?

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I think I read it in one of your other posts, you just use waste oil and spray it down? Are you misting it on and just letting it sit for awhile?

I use new oil (I get it free) and mix it with a little diesel. I do the inside of the bed, bed rails, doors, cab corners, rockers, frame, inside fenders and under cab.

I use the used oil out of my cars on my explorer in the same fashion, just soak it down and I try to drive where it’s dusty shortly after to help it stick longer. I steam genie everything back off twice a year, touch up paint and recoat so it doesn’t get so thick and nasty but the thick and nasty protects better, my friend has a 77’ Chevy has grandpa bought new and coated it every oil change, it was coated like gel but when we steamed the underneath and cab corners it still looked new, where most are junk around here.