Roll pan hitch?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Want to roll pan my wifes truck, what hitch are you guys puttin on or are you modding stock hitches?

Thanx
Caleb

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Moved the stock unit about 1' forward, and used the spare tire frame for the two outter bolts. You just need to make a solid spacer about 6" wide and 2" tall. I've used it for sled pulling and pulling my toy hauler and it works great.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
a lot of tow beast or titans and several homemade ones. Read your rules carefully because some frown upon homemade receivers. I think they are great because those making them usually have the sense to make them plenty strong - at least a good bit stronger than the tow beast et al that some pullers have bent. ;)

C-ya

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I built my own. 4x4 square tubing, 1/4" wall with a square hole cut through it and the receiver welding in. It's tied into the frame rails and the spare tire crossmember and you pull the license plate to slide in a hitch. Nice and hidden for a clean look and much stronger than anything available.

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
I bought my roll pan from TarHeel Auto (IIRC) off of Ebay- not a bad product and i had a problem finding alot of options for an 08. I also built my own hitch, that way i got exactly what i wanted! GOOD LUCK- Steven

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I built my own. 4x4 square tubing, 1/4" wall with a square hole cut through it and the receiver welding in. It's tied into the frame rails and the spare tire crossmember and you pull the license plate to slide in a hitch. Nice and hidden for a clean look and much stronger than anything available.

How do you put the hitch pin in? I guess the hole in the receiver must clear the back side of the 4x4 tube...?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Here's some pics of the hitch. I just used steel I had laying around but it turned out really nice. My roll pan should be in soon.

Attachments

• SANY0055.jpg
    SANY0055.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 96
  • SANY0056.jpg
    SANY0056.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 92
  • SANY0057.jpg
    SANY0057.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 80

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
How do you put the hitch pin in? I guess the hole in the receiver must clear the back side of the 4x4 tube...?

I actually have 2 holes to put the hitch pin in depending on the hitch. My pulling hitch's pin reaches the front (of the truck) side of the 4x4 tube. I made an adapter to be able to run any standard hitch and it's pin slides in in front of the spare tire crossmember.

Last edited: