ring gap

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
Since no real interest has been shown in buying my parts by anyone I figure I may as well put it together. I'm leaning towards forged pistons as the truck will see minimal street use a I was wondering what kind of ring gap I should have or are total seal rings the way to go?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Why stick with forged when fingers pistons have proven to hold massive power with none of the downsides of forged?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
What boost range? Total Seal has end gap specs with their ring sets. Big boost would run another .001 then. 0015 per inch of bore over their recommended gap. Forged vs cast run different gaps as well. Decide on material first then set end gap.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Does anyone run a gapless top ring? I haven't seen measured what my gap was this season yet but I got a lot of blow by. And zero-20 compression turning engine over by hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Does anyone run a gapless top ring? I haven't seen measured what my gap was this season yet but I got a lot of blow by. And zero-20 compression turning engine over by hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run a gap less top ring and Napier second ring. Top ring gap is at .040. There was not any signs of blow by when I took it apart this past year. I was very happy with what I saw other than the broken crank.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk