Return line collection block?

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Im planning out fittings to plumb in a distribution block for the supply line on my 06... got me thinking about cleaning up the return line spaghetti on top of the motor.

What have you guys done? I know Ive seen a few pics floating around of a distribution block that gathers all the returns into a 3/8 hose back to the tank. Obviously there would be several inlets (3/8NPT?) and one outlet which could also be 3/8NPT. Also does the fuel temp sensor use an 1/8npt?

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
How we did mine, it's on the driver side of the firewall behind the boost pipe.
picture.php
picture.php

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
I remember seeing your setup at some point during your build. :thumb: I will use a similar log type. However I'll only have one cp3 return.

Need to confirm how many inlets ill need from the rails and injector returns.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I did 2 injector return lines (one from each side of the engine), one for each cp3, one for the rail return then the fuel temp sensor, then the line going back to the tank.

You can see we drilled and tapped for the pipe thread fittings in that pic. Also had to drill the an plug for the temp sensor, the o ring fit in the tapped part going to Allen spot. I picked up the log from summit and the brass fittings from lows.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Gotcha bud. You guys just used a longer piece of hose from the injector returns? Its 5/32 or 1/4?

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I bought a section of injector line from a vender on here. I changed the fittings around on the injectors to have a T at the back of the driver side then went to the junction block. On the passenger side I have a 90 at the back and a T on the front and ran the hose across the engine to the block. hope that explained it.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Sure does Chris. Thanks alot man. Hope to see you at Rudys again this year.:thumb:

Looking at Grainger. They have a ton of manifold with several inlet/outlet combos. Ill take a trip down to wilmington and see what they have.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Here you can see what the fitting looked like that I drilled and taped. The o ring sealed in the taper portion of the fitting going down to the Allen key.
picture.php

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
We will be there room is already booked, I have a few things I want to do with mine before the event. We have a few trucks were working on as well, Can't wait.. What are you doing for fuel feeds?
Sure does Chris. Thanks alot man. Hope to see you at Rudys again this year.:thumb:

Looking at Grainger. They have a ton of manifold with several inlet/outlet combos. Ill take a trip down to wilmington and see what they have.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
We will be there room is already booked, I have a few things I want to do with mine before the event. We have a few trucks were working on as well, Can't wait.. What are you doing for fuel feeds?

Im still single CP3. So Im running 1/2" from G&R sump to the Fass on the rear crossmember. 1/2" from the Fass to another distribution block. -06AN black braided to the CP3 with the spare outlet blocked off and a 1/8NPT port for low side pressure gauge.

Thats the idea as of now anyways. Figured Id get a block with a spare outlet if I add another pump down the road.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I'd think and going -8 for feed to the cp3 that is 1/2 line, not sure if your dropping pressures. I did dual sumps with -12 going to each lift pump then fed both pumps to a block to even the pressures with a one way valve, then came out with 2 -8 lines going to each cp3. Doing that also made sure I don't get stuck with a dead lift pump again.

picture.php

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Only reason I chose -06 is Ive heard of folks have trouble fitting -08 in the valley to the cp3. I suppose with my S400 type bridge itll save me quite a bit of room though. Im not demanding near as much fuel as you though.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
It is a tight fit. I'm using a Wagler intake the line goes under that and straight into the pump.

I'm excited for Rudys, can't wait to see how it goes.