LBZ: Replacing brake lines and brake flush

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Is there anything I need to be aware of when replacing brake lines and flushing the brakes with new brake fluid? Any special tools, tricks, good to know info, or tips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Really should use a Tech2 when bleeding the ABS module.

Lines are a straightforward pain in the ass trying to fit them back into their clamps and brackets under the cab. :rofl: Make sure to cap off the ends when feeding lines thru, esp to the rear. You can drop the fuel tank and raise the drivers side of the cab if you want to do a perfect job.

tj4stanker

Mar 31, 2018
Sycamore, Illinois
Would you still need a Tech 2 to bleed the system if your only replacing calipers and the rubber lines going to the calipers? I am about to change front/rear rotors,pads. Front/Rear calipers/brackets and I also picked up Russel braided brake line kit. I don’t mean to hi-jack your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No, because you havent introduced air into the system before the ABS module.

But say you accidentally bled the master dry when bleeding the calipers, then yes...you'd have to get the air out of the ABS module.

tj4stanker

Mar 31, 2018
Sycamore, Illinois
Copy that, I plan on replacing the fluid from the master cylinder before I start the bleed process. And continue to fill as I go to flush the system. And starting the bleed process from the passenger rear (furthest point)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Is there anything I need to be aware of when replacing brake lines and flushing the brakes with new brake fluid? Any special tools, tricks, good to know info, or tips?

Are you using a pre-bent kit or do you have a roll of nickel copper?

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
It's just the rubber lines at this time. I don't have the capability to do the headlines currently. I also have a power bleeder that keeps tge master cylinder filled up while forcing out the old fluid. Makes bleeding the brakes easy!!!!!!

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I can feel a significant difference in the brakes as far as initial pedal pressure and standing on the pedal will kick on ABS easy