Replace ing injectors

Dirtymax03

Oct 28, 2011
Ma
This is my first time doing injectors on an lb7 do I have to do anything with the valve rockers if so what would them torque specs and sutch

I know on the cummins I did I had to mess with them

Opps not the rite place , not sure how to get it there, figured it out after I posted

Last edited:

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
dont have to touch the valves pretty straight forward done it about eight times just take your time. only toque specs is i believe the hold downs are 44 ft
god luck replace all seals in the return and dont over tighten them bc head is aluminum also clean the high pressure lines well and tighten the shit out of those :thumb:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
On a side I note I see your from MA. I don't know how close you are to me but if you run into a issue and need something to get it back together I have atleast one extra of anything you could need sitting in the garage.

Dirtymax03

Oct 28, 2011
Ma
On a side I note I see your from MA. I don't know how close you are to me but if you run into a issue and need something to get it back together I have atleast one extra of anything you could need sitting in the garage.

In oxford thanks need to swap info or something
Im doing research so hopefully I dont have problem but tv it would be my lucky

Dirtymax03

Oct 28, 2011
Ma
Thanks for info
I got an install kit with injectors , is there any thing else I mite of missed

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
There is torque specs for the toilet paper holder at GM,my point is theres torque specs for every bolt on everyting,take some time and google torque spec for duramax valve cover and so on and so on write it all down so have that info in hand.Pick up a tube of grey sealant.Pick up all new seals and o rings lb7s are hard enough as it is to have to redo something that is leaking by could be a ton of rework.I personally would pull every injector cup and reseal with red loctite ( the tip of the injector cup has to have red loctite back on it i put it on the 45% and all around the outside all the way down) as soon as you get it back in the hole install the injector and torque it.some of the injector cups may be coated on the inside with carbon and stuck to the injector when you pull it,if you damage the cup trying to get it off the injector throw it away and get another dont take a chance.when you go to loosen the fuel return lines banjo bolted to each injector tap the allen into the banjo bolt a little they can strip out very easy tapping the allen into the bolt seams to help to not strip it out.Im sure henry has an exploded view under the creaturs of the night specs area can probably find the torque specs there as well.

Good luck Scott

Dirtymax03

Oct 28, 2011
Ma
There is torque specs for the toilet paper holder at GM,my point is theres torque specs for every bolt on everyting,take some time and google torque spec for duramax valve cover and so on and so on write it all down so have that info in hand.Pick up a tube of grey sealant.Pick up all new seals and o rings lb7s are hard enough as it is to have to redo something that is leaking by could be a ton of rework.I personally would pull every injector cup and reseal with red loctite ( the tip of the injector cup has to have red loctite back on it i put it on the 45% and all around the outside all the way down) as soon as you get it back in the hole install the injector and torque it.some of the injector cups may be coated on the inside with carbon and stuck to the injector when you pull it,if you damage the cup trying to get it off the injector throw it away and get another dont take a chance.when you go to loosen the fuel return lines banjo bolted to each injector tap the allen into the banjo bolt a little they can strip out very easy tapping the allen into the bolt seams to help to not strip it out.Im sure henry has an exploded view under the creaturs of the night specs area can probably find the torque specs there as well.

Good luck Scott

Thanks for the info scott thats what I was looking for , like I said im knew at this project how would I remove the cup /r they gm part only I havent notesed them in the proses of ordering the injectors

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
You dont need to remove the cups but drain your coolant just in case one of the cups pulls out with one of the injectors.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
You dont have to remove the cups but in the process of pulling the injectors if you jst happen to break the seal on the red loctite and reinstall the new injector you are going to have problems.To pull the injector cups you need the kent moore injector cup removal tool if they dont come out i guess just leave them alone,also after the valve covers are removed to help get the injector out i hand screw the steel line back on the injector to help get it out by hand do not pry on it (the steel line that is) yes the cups are only gm