Red Trucks Matter

The Dude

Sep 8, 2015
I think red looks fantastic on some trucks. In fact the only color I don't like is that gold that the hood rats are always driving. I don't know if I don't like it due to the color or the association. I'm sure with the right mods it could look nice as well... then again my truck is "work truck white".

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
"Hella" :roflmao:

Guessing there's no such thing as hard working people out there with real trucks? You know tools not just status symbols and stoplight toys.

:spit:

My old truck was lowered (2"r/3.5"f) 20's with Nitto 420's, debadged etc. I live outside a no-stoplight town (you have to drive 40 minutes to find a stoplight) and I got all kinds of compliments on it. In fact, three different people asked me about it, and complimented it, just yesterday.

The LML is getting the same treatment.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
:spit:

My old truck was lowered (2"r/3.5"f) 20's with Nitto 420's, debadged etc. I live outside a no-stoplight town (you have to drive 40 minutes to find a stoplight) and I got all kinds of compliments on it. In fact, three different people asked me about it, and complimented it, just yesterday.

The LML is getting the same treatment.

Still stands out more than a stock red truck.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I think red looks fantastic on some trucks. In fact the only color I don't like is that gold that the hood rats are always driving. I don't know if I don't like it due to the color or the association. I'm sure with the right mods it could look nice as well... then again my truck is "work truck white".

Don't feel bad I'm stuck with the "is that a company truck" color too. Pisses me off, but it's nice to not have to buff it every 6 months and re-paint it every 3 years.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
picture.php

Mine has been mistaken for a 1500 a few times including a cop that was wondering why I didn't have a rear plate.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
It definitely has good and bad angles, I need to get a new flare for the bed. Lost it at the track and let's say it has a giant rust hole behind it lol, that or let it slowly rust into a sleeper.:D

I have my old black flares in the garage if you need one

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Pewter "old man tan", funny thing is that's the color of my pulling truck and if I was to choose a truck color in 2002 that would have been the last color I would have chose! :roflmao:

They made a pile of those pewter trucks, my 01 was pewter. I hate that color, it always looks dirty. I love red trucks, my first truck was a victory red 2 door tahoe with gunmetal 2 tone with the sport package. It always looked clean and I got compliments on it all the time...

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My brother in law had an new 05 reg cab work truck in pewter, was a sharp truck. He had aftermarket 5 single cab lights on it, leveled and Mt tires. Plus a triple dog power pup:driving:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah PM me your address and I'll see what I can do.

You might just want to send him both. The drivers side will be as rusted underneath as the pass was. ;)

I personally dont want to know how badly my bed is rusted under the flares. I think Id cry a little if I found out.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
You might just want to send him both. The drivers side will be as rusted underneath as the pass was. ;)

I personally dont want to know how badly my bed is rusted under the flares. I think Id cry a little if I found out.

I was gonna take the flares off some time ago and that's why I didnt. The bed isn't original, the front fenders look good underneath. I must have lost some clips because the rust didn't cause the flare to fly off, unless wind got up behind it i guess lol. I'm just wondering what will happen when I gut the bed, bedsides probably rip in half going down the track lmao