Rebuild????

BigTex1968

LMM's are the best.
Jun 12, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
A lift pump is never a bad idea but at your mileage it is certainly possible to have injector or CP3 issues where either could be returning too much fuel.
I’m looking into some new injectors and a CP3. I was told to go with Marine injectors. What’s the best way to go on that issue?

BigTex1968

LMM's are the best.
Jun 12, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
I'm the same, hot oil idle reads about 29. Cold motor runs 50/60
Bought my '08 new in '09 235k miles
Banks six-shooter, speedloader 4" exhaust which does not much with all the epa crap still in place
Still have the egr, dfp, cat. Thinking about doing some work onto it. egr cao-off
dpf delete
cat/muffler terminal
Get ready to spend some money! Getting the tuner for all that is not easy and now its expensive as hell. I deleted mine back when I had 3,500 miles on it. I bought mine brand new in 09. I seen pics of the inside of a duramax motor that had an EGR system its whole life. I refused to let my motor get that ugly. Takes the life right out of it.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I’m looking into some new injectors and a CP3. I was told to go with Marine injectors. What’s the best way to go on that issue?
I've never heard of "marine" injectors.

We tend to stick to Dynomite Diesel (DDP), Exergy, or S&S. Currently Dynomite 01-05 injectors are on sale until the end of the month.

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
I've never heard of "marine" injectors.

We tend to stick to Dynomite Diesel (DDP), Exergy, or S&S. Currently Dynomite 01-05 injectors are on sale until the end of the month.
Pretty sure it's an old school heavy duty diesel mod to run bigger boat injectors in your semi. Might want to talk to someone else if they aren't aware there are bigger injectors made specifically for your truck..

And if it isn't broke I wouldn't fix it..

Last edited:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Pretty sure it's an old school heavy duty diesel mod to run bigger boat injectors in your semi. Might want to talk to someone else if they aren't aware there are bigger injectors made specifically for your truck..

And if it isn't broke I wouldn't fix it..
The only time I've heard the term "marine" injectors used with diesels was old Cummins engines like 12V and VP44 equipped 24V.