Question: Rear Wheel Spacers... Who is running them?!? Yes or No?!?

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
For the update I ordered the eBay cheaper ones from titan accesories. Got them installed on wed and drove about 100 miles on them and then went to recheck them and they were all as tight as when I first installed them. Drove about 350 miles round trip up to the Carolina Nationals NHRDA and had no complaints what so ever! No speed bounce alighnment issues or anything! Now the real test will be launching with them and seeing what happens :eek:

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Some will i be okay with cheap ones or not?? I sometimes gross at 30000 pounds. Will i break something? I love Freds but i could get new wheels for that price...

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
For the update I ordered the eBay cheaper ones from titan accesories. Got them installed on wed and drove about 100 miles on them and then went to recheck them and they were all as tight as when I first installed them. Drove about 350 miles round trip up to the Carolina Nationals NHRDA and had no complaints what so ever! No speed bounce alighnment issues or anything! Now the real test will be launching with them and seeing what happens :eek:

I have heard of aftermarket rims cracking from launching. I sure wouldn't want to put the spacers through that stress. I just put DJM lower arms on the front and it sucked in the front tires an inch on each side.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I run 1.5" spacer with no issues. Paid around $90 for them off eBay. I've even bolted up paddles to them with no issues. I don't tow heavy but have launched it numerous times they're still holding up just fine. Every time I check the torque they're still tight. No complaints here with them.

Drewsdmax

Jul 16, 2012
I run Freds 2" in rear and they are rock solid. You get what you pay for, I wouldn't want to cheap out then loose a tire going 80mph while towing!

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I've never launched with radials or slicks but I do have 33s. Launched at the track and on the street pretty hard. I even did a few hard launches with paddles and the spacers are still good but my trans wasn't to happy :D

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I've never launched with radials or slicks but I do have 33s. Launched at the track and on the street pretty hard. I even did a few hard launches with paddles and the spacers are still good but my trans wasn't to happy :D

My trans has hated me since day 1... But will be fixing that in the very near future :thumb:

I am just scared as nuts to launch hard at the track with these things and honestly debating ordering a set of freds...

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Here's a picture of the spacers I had machined Troy. Trimmed the wheel studs too. I'm hoping to put them on this weekend and I'll get some pictures.

Attachments

• Forsale 012.jpg
    Forsale 012.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 77

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Whats the worst that could happen? :roflmao:

Something tells me there are plently of people launching with rear spacers. I would think, as long as they are tight and properly installed, that you would be fine.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Here's a picture of the spacers I had machined Troy. Trimmed the wheel studs too. I'm hoping to put them on this weekend and I'll get some pictures.

What are those made out of? The standard T6 alum? They look really clean compared to mine.

I have a couple pics of mine installed as well and they seem solid!

Whats the worst that could happen? :roflmao:

Something tells me there are plently of people launching with rear spacers. I would think, as long as they are tight and properly installed, that you would be fine.

Ooo idk just embarassment at the track because I cant keep my wheels on my truck! :rofl:

I figured there were and kind of wanted to make another thread seeing who is and isnt... Mine feel and seem rock solid on my truck like they arent even there so who knows!

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Yes they're just standard 6061 t6 billet. I bought them on ebay also. Ran them for about a month with zero issues. I just didn't like how they were wider than the fronts. My buddy took a 1/8" off either side of them and I cut the studs down. They should match the front perfect now... hopefully lol

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Yes they're just standard 6061 t6 billet. I bought them on ebay also. Ran them for about a month with zero issues. I just didn't like how they were wider than the fronts. My buddy took a 1/8" off either side of them and I cut the studs down. They should match the front perfect now... hopefully lol

I had the exact same issue so I ended up ordering a pair of 1/4" for the front and now the stance is perfect!

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
I'm glad to hear the 1/4" made them even:thumb: I thought about doing the same thing, but I'm trying to save what little paint is left on my truck lol. It gets hammered with rocks from the tires

Last edited:

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Been running 2" billet spacers in the rear of my truck for a couple months now. No vibrations or any other noise. I wish I went with 1.5" since the backs stick out alittle farther than the fronts but it looks good anyhow. Bought em for $93.00 off of Titan wheel accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Been running 2" billet spacers in the rear of my truck for a couple months now. No vibrations or any other noise. I wish I went with 1.5" since the backs stick out alittle farther than the fronts but it looks good anyhow. Bought em for $93.00 off of Titan wheel accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought the exact same ones off eBay from Titan as well but in the 1.5"... Mine are golden as well just scared to launch with them...

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I just installed some Bushwacker extend a fender flares and really needed the spacers afterwards. I used a 2'' spacer and it worked out about perfect. Looks much better now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I just installed some Bushwacker extend a fender flares and really needed the spacers afterwards. I used a 2'' spacer and it worked out about perfect. Looks much better now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The trucks do look a night and a day difference better with them on!