LLY: rear drivers side head bolt out?

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
How? I cant beat the firwall hard enough to bend it in..

Any suggestions?

PowerMax

Think "Outside" The Box
May 4, 2008
I haven't had to do this yet, but I figure motor mount will need undone and enough loosenend in the rear to twist the engine just a bit. I'm sure someone else will chime in on this though. Good luck.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
How? I cant beat the firwall hard enough to bend it in..

Any suggestions?

Put the purse away adn get a 5ft bar and hit it hard!!!!:rofl::jk:. After i hit it with the big bar, i took a wide chisel and hammered it with a 5lbs sledge, came right out and the stud went right in. Ive also heard you can undo the bolts tranny bolts from the crossmember and jack up the rear of the engine, but i havent tried this.

Rob

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Lifting the cab will work as will unbolting one motor mount (Driver's side as I recall) and jacking the engine up a tad. I jacked the motor up to get the rear most bolt out.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Lifting the cab will work as will unbolting one motor mount (Driver's side as I recall) and jacking the engine up a tad. I jacked the motor up to get the rear most bolt out.

This is what I am in the process of trying. If it doesnt give me enough room, well I will break out the sledge hammer.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Ford guy's loosen cab bolts....... don't ever discuss loosening cab bolts. That's a pleasure only Ford guys should get to experience.

Ford ::boxing: Chevy

:exactly: I will try loosening some cab bolts to avoid taking a sledge hammer to my 50k$ truck, I dont care if it is a Ford or a Chevy

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I understand that. But hopefully I will be okay. Im just pulling one at a time and replacing with a stud. Should never have the opportunity to develop a leak.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I understand that. But hopefully I will be okay. Im just pulling one at a time and replacing with a stud. Should never have the opportunity to develop a leak.

I have never done a Dmax but I have done several Dodges this way and have never had a problem. as long as you torque them before pulling the next bolt out