Ready for new tires, just bought truck

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I just checked the tread depth on the Terra Grappler G2 compared to the A/T3. In a 285/55R20 (the size I run), they are both listed at 16/32" tread depth. I'm not sure what your complaint is.

You better check this again. On falken's website. They're listed as 18/32nds. I ordered a set of lt315/70r17's and they're 20/32nds tread. Plus they're quite a bit cheaper than the Terra grapplers.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I know some of you guys have had them with good results, but my current set of Toyo AT's are hands down the WORST tires I have ever had in my life, I am pushing 50 and have had dozens of tires on various vehicles. They would never balance correctly even after having them road force balanced about 10 times, after 30K they look like crap. I am currently shopping for new tires, and I think the Cooper AT3's are the way to go. Comparable to the expensive stuff and just as good, time will tell. Anyone else with Coopers?

I will say this Toyos I've never had problems balancing. I actually did my at open country 2 on after market wheels an they took 4 ounces per tire. To say how heat of tire they were they were junk any throttle in the rain with trac on it was like it was on ice. My current 35 mt Toyos have hardly any weight at all, then again they wouldn't be a great towing tire.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Are you still liking these tires? How are they for towing and heavy loads?

They are wearing exceptionally well tread wise, they have gotten a tad noisier over 17k miles. I run at 65psi front and rear all the time , only air up the rears when gorssing more than 10k for a longer haul. They handle a load well or as well as the stockers I had before. They grip very well even on a hard launch.

I have noticed some small pieces of the tread blocks have chipped on the rears, which is not surprising given the trucks power. I noticed 6 months ago that there is some dry rot forming where at the bottom of tread/top of sidewall. Its cosmetic at this point, but at the rate the tread wears I'm betting the rot leads to replacement before the tread is gone. It's not rot, just the cracks that open in the rubber at big flex points.

All in all I'd still call them a.good buy, but I'd pay a couple hundred more for bfgs if I had the opportunity however. No regrets on buying them though. Hope that helps

cjb2283

Feb 1, 2016
Utah/wherever the AF sends me
They are wearing exceptionally well tread wise, they have gotten a tad noisier over 17k miles. I run at 65psi front and rear all the time , only air up the rears when gorssing more than 10k for a longer haul. They handle a load well or as well as the stockers I had before. They grip very well even on a hard launch.

I have noticed some small pieces of the tread blocks have chipped on the rears, which is not surprising given the trucks power. I noticed 6 months ago that there is some dry rot forming where at the bottom of tread/top of sidewall. Its cosmetic at this point, but at the rate the tread wears I'm betting the rot leads to replacement before the tread is gone. It's not rot, just the cracks that open in the rubber at big flex points.

All in all I'd still call them a.good buy, but I'd pay a couple hundred more for bfgs if I had the opportunity however. No regrets on buying them though. Hope that helps

Appreciate man, that helps a lot!

Tyler_LBZ

Feb 26, 2015
NC
I have the Ridge Grapplers 285/65/18 and am very happy with them, quiet and smooth, ride and handle well for how aggressive they are. Haven't had them long but so far they are holding up good.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I just ordered some ridge graplers in 285/70/17 last Saturday. Still waiting for the call to get them mounted.