RDL Up pipes and EGR delete-LBZ

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Just got Ricks up pipes for the use of the stock manifolds today.

I cant wait to put them on but i have a few questions for the guys that have done this on LBZ's.

At first I wanted to pull the cab and slide it back flush with the bed for more work room but I know i went over my head in planning an im not going to do that.

For you guys with lbz's you obviously had to do something with the egr assembly. Did you totally remove the egr and motor and support the intake, or did you just remove cooler, splice in new lines, and make a plate where the egr motor meets the cooler? Would 3/16's plate be suitable?

I want to measure twice cut once in this project.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I didnt really pay attention to detail on what others posted, but I got a unexpected delivery from Rick today. :happy2:

Last edited:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
3/16" is fine for a block off on the EGR valve housing. You can use the end of the cooler as a template for the plate. If you remove the EGR valve assembly, you have to support the intake. That isn't an issue if you go with one of the higher flow intake Y-pipe solutions.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
imo if you're doing those up pipes just take the cooler out and support the manifold. but like fingers said it's not needed if you're upgrading the intake y plenum.

here is mine.

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

Last edited:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Its pretty easy to just make a plate like this and your done.

Attachments

• egrlmm.jpg
    egrlmm.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 151

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
What size diameter pipe are they?
They look like a couple of nice pieces!
1 7/8's

3/16" is fine for a block off on the EGR valve housing. You can use the end of the cooler as a template for the plate. If you remove the EGR valve assembly, you have to support the intake. That isn't an issue if you go with one of the higher flow intake Y-pipe solutions.

Thanks Jon, That was my idea just to keep egr motor for support, and use the cooler as a template for the plate.

Thanks SlowLMM for the picture! :angel:

Edit:
The stock egr coolant line is 5/8 correct?

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yessir. I have a Cali LB7 so I had to do an EGR delete too. Luckily a good friend sent me free uppipes :D
It makes it SO much cleaner and a lot easier to do turbo swaps (I have done too many)