Rant!!!

cjb2283

Feb 1, 2016
Utah/wherever the AF sends me
Short story Rant:
Well, just got an amazing email from Johnson Motors in New Richmond, WI telling me that they just sold the truck that I was trying to buy. I just want to say thank you to the amazing staff that helped me and led me to believe that I was the only one with interest in the truck. Instead of helping me with an internet sale from Afghanistan they took the easy way out and sold it locally. Your customer service was top notch right up until the point of me asking what it took for me to get this truck. Here is the link for the truck... http://www.johnsonmotors.com/used-M...vrolet-Silverado+3500HD-LTZ-1GC4K0C83FF589869 Not sure how long it will stay...since it has sold.

Long story Rant:
One glorious day in Afghanistan, I was on carsoup.com shopping for my next adventure in life, a new to me Duramax Diesel. Low and behold I found her, she was beautiful. Perfect condition and every option I wanted and more. It was even located in my home state! Reasonably priced, I began to inquire. I even had a friend drive a grueling 60 miles to test it out for me. When he was done, he was ready to sell his Yodge Commons and buy it himself. He said the truck was mint and just needed new tires. That following day the dealership sent me an email saying they had reduced the price of the truck that was peeking my interest. It was meant to be! I continued to email and chat with the fine ladies at the dealership. I inquired about possibly negotiating new tires into the deal and told them that I was loan shopping and then I popped the question, what are the steps I need to take to have this truck? I had made my decision and was ready to drop my hard earned coin, the coin that I have risked my life for, the coin that I made my wife work full time for even though she is at home without me raising our beautiful 8 month old daughter, who of which I have only met and been with for three months. Since internet access is limited here in Afghanistan and I am working during their business hours, I had to wait for the sales woman's email about all the steps I had to take to buy this truck. I was ecstatic. I had a meeting to go to so I inform them of this and told them I would be back in 20 minutes. My meeting comes and goes...along with an extra hour, no email...then finally I get the email! The email read 'I apologize but I wanted to let you know that someone just came in and purchased the truck off our lot. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there are any other vehicles we have that would fit your needs.' Yes I have questions, What the eff happened to me and my sale??? So your telling me you let someone else buy the truck that I was just talking to you about and telling you that I want to buy it. Then you want me to look and see if there are any other vehicles on your lot that fit my needs...why so you can get my hopes and dreams up again and then crush with by selling it out from under me again? Eff you very much! To say the least, I am pissed. To the guy/gal that ended up with the truck, Congratulations! My quarrels are not with you, you won, and you got a smoking deal on a very nice truck. To the dealer ship...why even have internet sales if you are going to just turn around and sell a vehicle locally instead of to the person online that is inquiring and may take an extra day to get everything straightened out? WTF!!!??? Rant over.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
It happens. You had not made a deposit yet or signed anything, so they were in no way obligated to hold it for you.

It sucks I know, but they probably have thirty people a day say that they will be right back to pick up a vehicle and never show up. Find another one.

Also, internet sales are pretty much just advertising for the lot. They don't really expect to not meet face to face.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If you offered a down payment, they probably shouldn't have sold it out from under you. But at the same time, that is more common than you think. My brother was buying a new car, and already had the loan. Went to pick it up, and they had somehow turned it into a loaner. It hadn't actually been used as a loner yet, but since the car got registered to the dealership, it was nearly impossible to get it back to "new" status, even though it was still sitting on the lot with 1 mile on the odometer.

I will say that at least that dealer made it right. He was looking at the basic options, and they got him the same model, fully loaded, in his 2nd choice color, for the original price. About $3500 worth of upgrades on the loaded car vs the original. But that is easier to do with a new car dealership than a used car lot.

Sorry that happened to you. It sucks. :(

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
If somebody shows up cash in hand versus a couple emails from across the globe what would you do?

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Yeah i get where hes coming from tho, its frustrating.. Very especially after putting in your valuable time to go after something you really want. Had the same thing happen to me told the dealer I was on my way to buy it drove 2 hours just to get there and have them tell me they sold it! Aggravating im sorry for your pain man.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Had a dealer in Phoenix pull that bullsh*t a couple years ago. Found the truck online, called , offered a down payment, they said it wasn't needed, they'd hold it for me. Told them I'd be there that afternoon.... It's 4 hours from me. Proceeded to drive down there only to find someone else signing papers on it. Asked to speak to the general.manager, made a very loud fuss about it right there in the showroom, had a whole group of people's attention.

Then he got desperate to calm me down after one couple canceled their sale and walked out....tried to talk me into a sales booth and make me quiet down. Told him him he could shove it, told the sales guy who lied to me to 'go f**k a goat' and left....drove home rather pissed. They lost a couple sales that day because of that sh*t.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
I know what you are talking about, I too was looking while in that awesome country. I decided that I would just look when I made it home because there was no point into all the work just to have what happened to you. I did find an awesome deal a few days after I made it home. Could just jump on a plane and go pick it up. It sucks, but there are plenty of trucks out there.

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Something tells me you scared the Sh*t out of him Wes:spit:

.....and those two posts pretty much summed up this thread.

From that story, I think Wes scared more than just the sales mgr that day. :roflmao:

Didn't really intend to scare anybody.... I was just pissed. Wasted a whole day, all because some jackass was anxious to make a quick sale. If I hadn't offered to put money down on it, I wouldn't have been so mad. I wanted that truck though, and I was willing to put %20 in their pockets right then just to make sure I got it.

The sales guy telling me it wasn't necessary, they'd hold it for me until I got there and then selling it before I made it into town is what got me hot. That's why I called the manager out on their bullshit customer service on the showroom floor.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Didn't really intend to scare anybody.... I was just pissed. Wasted a whole day, all because some jackass was anxious to make a quick sale. If I hadn't offered to put money down on it, I wouldn't have been so mad. I wanted that truck though, and I was willing to put %20 in their pockets right then just to make sure I got it.

The sales guy telling me it wasn't necessary, they'd hold it for me until I got there and then selling it before I made it into town is what got me hot. That's why I called the manager out on their bullshit customer service on the showroom floor.

Been there myself on some service issues:D They were doing their best to get my out of the showroom.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

and the worse part of this whole deal is i didnt get one f*cking phone call from Wes to meet for a beer or food! :mad: :mad: :roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I was in a rather bad mood....you might not have wanted to have been around me that day :rofl:

bahhhh BS. your just a big teddy bear. Few beers/shots at Twin Peaks and id get ya forgettin about it! Hell, we just poke fun at Joe and his slow LBZ and i bet hulk would set the sales man down without breaking his back :roflmao: :D

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I bought my truck from vandevere chevy in akron ohio online, it was a very pleasant experience. I dealt with Josh Tracy, he was a Marine GWOT vet. Give him a call and see what he can find you he is a great guy. Oh and put a deposit down with a card, if you don't want it you get refunded.

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
bahhhh BS. your just a big teddy bear. Few beers/shots at Twin Peaks and id get ya forgettin about it! Hell, we just poke fun at Joe and his slow LBZ and i bet hulk would set the sales man down without breaking his back :roflmao: :D

:rofl: