rancho rx9000 or bilstein 5100 ?

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
im wanting to put some new shocks on my 07 lbz so soften the ride a little bit. its got stock shocks on it right now but my bars are turned up a lot because of the 33's im running. ive run both these shocks before on my 03 and i remember i liked the ranchos because i was drag racing it but dont really remember the bilsteins because its been like 4 years since they were on it. im not looking to drag race this truck. im leaning toward the ranchos but the only thing that is holding me back is the fact that my bars are cranked and rancho doesnt make the 0-2" shock like the bilsteins. im worried i will be maxing them out too. looking for opinions of both. thanks

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
I have a 06 cc with the 5100 bilstein shocks and it had a nice ride. Just install the 9000 rancho's and they ride alot better. Smoother over bumps in the road. The dial is set in the middle.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I like my Rancho's and the shock spacers are pretty cheap. You can find them on Ebay for the cheapest cost. I have some spare ones also if you need a pair also. Just get in touch if you do.

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Any of you guys that installed the 9000s have to use the factory front mount and remove the shock extender ? My 9000s wouldn't allow any compression with the shock extenders