rail fittings on lb7?

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Has anyone drilled these out or put ppes fitting in or is this a waste of time to try? Just curious I've seen some stuff but no definite answers or is it better to try shimming the fprv? An what you guys shimming them with same shims as used for the fprv on lly-lbz trucks?

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
i took my FPRV off and welded the hole shut. I then cut the line out where the banjo bolt when into the FPRV and put a tee in. Works great so far.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
The ported fitting is hit or miss I think .I drilled mine out and don't see any difference in it. But I'm on stock injectors and pump.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Porting the rail fittings does nothing . There is a orifice on lb7s behind the fitting that needs to be drilled NOT the fitting.

Do a search there is lots of threads on this

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Porting the rail fittings does nothing . There is a orifice on lb7s behind the fitting that needs to be drilled NOT the fitting.

Not on all of them. The orifice was "built in" to mine. I drilled them just for the simple fact that I have larger injectors and didn't want to chance having a bottleneck ahead of the injectors.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Porting the LB7rail fittings does nothing . There is a orifice on lb7s behind the fitting that needs to be drilled NOT the fitting.

fixed it for ya...

He is correct about the plug behind the raill fitting, you will need a magnet to get it out...

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
fixed it for ya...

He is correct about the plug behind the raill fitting, you will need a magnet to get it out...

Interesting, mine had nothing behind the rail fitting, you could see through the thing clear as day. It did, however, have a small orifice inside the fitting, as part of the fitting itself. Perhaps I have an oddball engine... :rolleyes:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I have some extra rails I'm going to pull apart an clean an drill out maybe even port them throw them on see what happens might just space the fitting out did anyone try that I seen in that thread Simon posted the link for they tried running the fitting in (without the orfice) but it went in to far so why not put a washer to keep it out enough? Shouldn't cause any sealing issues should it?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Interesting, mine had nothing behind the rail fitting, you could see through the thing clear as day. It did, however, have a small orifice inside the fitting, as part of the fitting itself. Perhaps I have an oddball engine... :rolleyes:

04?