LLY: Quick Question about Elevated Idle

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
Hi There,
I'm apologizing in advance as I'm sure most of you have answered this question, and I have read through many forum posts but never got the answer I was looking for so here goes.... I have a quick question that someone might know, and would help me a lot. I just bought a 2004 GMC Sierra with Duramax Diesel 8 Vin# is a number 2 so I am guessing it is an LLY Duramax, I live in Northern Ontario, and would really like to figure this High idle thing out before winter comes rolling around again. My truck does not have steering wheel controls, so I tried the hold the gas pedal to the ground and pump the brakes 3 times, and then start your truck thing, I understand it is to warm outside for this feature to work, but shouldn't I get a message where my mileage shows about elevated idle being on or off, or does my old school trim not show this, and it will just work when it gets cold outside?

Thank you all for your time, and I hope I was clear enough.

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
Thanks! I'm not sure what i did differently, I swear for two days straight I tried multiple times during the day, so I'm guessing now that I turned it on, it will be on for when winter or do i need to do it each time?

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Nope it "should" stay on, mine did on my 05 work truck. You may have to turn it back on of your batteries die or you change them. Not 100% positive though.