Questions???

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
This is just a poll to see what everyone thinks. My setup is listed in my signature. My tuning has been changes a few times, but the truck is not responding as I think it should. This is not a low blow to you either Mark. My stock motor with 45s and a LBZ pump same turbo went 12.26@109 mph. My built motor with 100s and and 2 LBZ pumps has went 12.09@114. To me something doesn't had up. I've been to 2 national event with different tunes both times and still the same results. The truck weighs 6850 race weight per the NHRA scales at Indy. The truck smokes like a train and never cleans up. It's holding rail and over 40lbs of boost! I have checked everything from boost leaks, to dropping the lift pump pressure from 22lbs down to 10lbs. Still the same results!!! I guess am I outta air or is there something else going on? I have stock heads with valve springs and pushrods...I'm not looking for a record, and a number, but you would think with a lot more fuel, I would pick up over my stock motor. I'm not against upgrading parts but its getting frustrating when you spend a load of money on a built motor and don't get the results you expect... Any help or ideas are welcome. Thanks Matt