Questions regarding SAC injectors

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
But what if you dropped in, say a stock appearing upgraded turbo. Could a tuner then clean up SAC45’s on a stock tune setting being that now it has a charger that can move a little more air? I live in that state too that everyone is beating down lol

I don't see why the wouldn't as long as it wasn't a laggy pig.

JK13

Jun 10, 2020
Angwin, CA
With the right person writing your tune you can pass smog/inspection/testing in CA. With an LB7 LLY LBZ LMM, no issues whatsoever, just need to keep all your factory emission stuff on, intact and hooked up properly. Even with sac45’s. Or bigger for that matter.

Luckily my truck is an Federal Emissions ‘01, so no cat, egr, nothing to delete or keep for the visual (Just as God intended lol)...just dont wanna shoot my foot on the obd portion or throttle snap.

The problem in Cali was dsp tunes. They use a custom OS number, and LBZ+ could not have the tune read via the data port so the reader would fail it. A single tune file went through fine according to some that I helped. A stock tune with sac45's will not pass. I tried it on mine and it was pretty smokey in several spots. But a good tune with sac45's should pass no problem.

Thats good news, so a single tune plus the LB7s old data tech shouldn't hang up the machine? Since its not CANBUS like lly+ there wont be an issue with the checksums?

Man I'm glad I don't live in that crappy state anymore. I've got better things to do than fight the ever changing emissions rules there. And that was just the tip of the iceberg, really. But I digress...

yeah I hear ya there! love the state, hate the crowds and politics

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Thats good news, so a single tune plus the LB7s old data tech shouldn't hang up the machine? Since its not CANBUS like lly+ there wont be an issue with the checksums?
I've always been able to get LB7s to pass, but it's been a couple years. I'd think you could still sneak a tune through, so long as it passes the throttle snap opacity portion.

yeah I hear ya there! love the state, hate the crowds and politics
The state is beautiful, for sure, and great weather. But I find myself much happier overall in Idaho. Even Arizona had its moments. If you could get the people in the big cities to mind their own business instead of meddling with everyone else, CA would be a fantastic place to live.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JK13

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
But what if you dropped in, say a stock appearing upgraded turbo. Could a tuner then clean up SAC45’s on a stock tune setting being that now it has a charger that can move a little more air? I live in that state too that everyone is beating down lol

no the problem is the snap test, before the turbo is spooled is more of what they’re looking at.

Reactions: Bdsankey

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
A friend sent an LLY with a DSP5 through the State emissions test earlier this year and it passed.
I told him to let me flash it back but he didn't listen... 🤯

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
no the problem is the snap test, before the turbo is spooled is more of what they’re looking at.

So the amount of fuel the 45's will spray during a snap test can make it border line if the smog tech was really looking closely? What about with Wagler's stage 1 cam? Instead of turbo, how about having more lift and duration clean up the 45's during snap test?

JK13

Jun 10, 2020
Angwin, CA
I've always been able to get LB7s to pass, but it's been a couple years. I'd think you could still sneak a tune through, so long as it passes the throttle snap opacity portion.

The state is beautiful, for sure, and great weather. But I find myself much happier overall in Idaho. Even Arizona had its moments. If you could get the people in the big cities to mind their own business instead of meddling with everyone else, CA would be a fantastic place to live.

Well, I guess if my injectors last 2 more years I can see if it will pass with a tune and if so, SAC45s! And if not, the 00s haha...

Just brought the truck down from Spokane a couple months ago, lived alot of its life in Lewiston according to its records. I’d love to get my wife to sign off on Idaho, such a beautiful state.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
So the amount of fuel the 45's will spray during a snap test can make it border line if the smog tech was really looking closely? What about with Wagler's stage 1 cam? Instead of turbo, how about having more lift and duration clean up the 45's during snap test?

Im tired of beating a dead horse and I would rather not put everything on an open forum. PM me if you like because a lot of people don’t know what they’re talking about and are spreading misinformation.

Reactions: Bdsankey