Question With Aftermarket Coolant Tanks

Animals1234

Jun 8, 2017
Hey y'all,

I have a question and wanted to get some input from others about this. I currently have a WCFab coolant tank for the compound kit. Before the truck was compounded I never had any issues with a low coolant light but ever since installation the light has been on. I've bled the system and check regularly to make sure there's coolant in the truck. The truck now has over a thousand miles since being compounded and has no issues. Would anyone have any suggestions on what to check or possibly do next?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
As said above, it's very easy to have issues with the coolant level sensor. They can stick, fail, get damaged, or even be installed in the wrong orientation which would all cause issues. If the coolant is in the full zone it would 100% be your sensor in some fashion.

Animals1234

Jun 8, 2017
Did you plug the coolant sensor in when you put the new tank in?

Yes, it's currently plugged in with the extension harness as pictured here. 1623855519901.png
As said above, it's very easy to have issues with the coolant level sensor. They can stick, fail, get damaged, or even be installed in the wrong orientation which would all cause issues. If the coolant is in the full zone it would 100% be your sensor in some fashion.

I'll be home late tonight to check and take some photos. Hopefully it's just in the wrong orientation, that would be a big relief.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
If it’s a screw in float (sensor) I doubt it’s in the wrong orientation unless it came with indexing washers. I’m pretty sure the coolant completes the circuit. A paper clip would be your best friend I’m afraid. Just make checking your coolant level part of your maintenance routine.

Reactions: Animals1234

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
It’s been years since I screwed with a different tank. My EPR kit came with a factory tank from a car and that sensor didn’t work so I paper clipped it lol.

Animals1234

Jun 8, 2017
I've heard of several people doing the paperclip. Never seen it in person but read a few people on the forums were doing that. Would this be a common issue that people come across?

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
I have the same tank, Im not as I put mine in a few years ago. I thought I remember the sensor having a arrow on it marking the top
I'm pretty sure there is an arrow there where you put your wrench.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk