Question for colorado peeps

Dmeiborg

Oct 12, 2013
My wife and I are moving to Colorado at the end of July from Illinois. We're hoping for castle rock area. My question is titling, registration and emissions. The DMV website isn't very clear how it all works. What does everyone pay here for their plates, titling and so on? Lastly, do motorcycles have to be emissions tested? I have some work to do on mine if it does lol

Here's our list of vehicles
2005 Kawasaki zx6r
2007 chevy Tahoe
2009 2500hd duramax

Anyone can help me out with some numbers and maybe some secrets to get the prices lower would be great lol

Thanks!

2009 white crew chevy Duramax LMM
2005 zx6r 636 w/ my personal touches
Traxxas Rustler w/ radiant brushless system
Springfield Armory XD9 w/ 3" barrel

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Its been a few years since I titled here..but from what I remember its a pretty simple process. Vin inspection and registration/title. I'm not sure if you'll need an emissions test to register with the state the first time tho. I know that a yearly renual you only need emissions in the city limits, at least its that way in weld county. My 05 cost a little over 200$ to plate. Hope this helps, good luck

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Basically what Wade said. Emissions is solely dependent on what county you move into. It's a visual inspection to make sure all emissions equipment is still there, then a full throttle loaded test from 60, 50, and 40 mph to test smoke output. The fee is up to one hour of the shop labor rate. My shop charges $70. Sounds like there are cheaper places around. My registration for my '03 was just under $200 and is pretty straight forward. I believe motorcycles are emission exempt. Your Tahoe has to be tested at a state emission center which, being a 2009, all they'll do is a visual and OBD scan.

Dmeiborg

Oct 12, 2013
Thanks for the info guys! Where do both of you live?

Dmeiborg

Oct 12, 2013
Sweet. My wife are out here now scoping out places we want to rent and castle rock took the win