LB7: Q's about more fuel

03GreenLB7

R-O-C-K in the U.S.A.
Jan 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
Are these parts worth getting or they just like a gimmick to make a couple of bucks, excuse the ignorance still new to the whole world of diesel performance.

CP3 Pump Inlet Fitting and the Ported Fuel Rail Fitting

Just always see people saying make sure u got enough fuel and what not. mods are in my sig, just right now looking for a lil extra help

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
An Edge Juice typically doesn't even need a lift pump to hold good rail pressure. If you want to make more power you need better tuning. If you are having rail pressure issues then start worrying about how to fix it.

IMO the ported rail fitting is only good if you are too lazy to use a drill and do it to your stock fitting yourself. The inlet passage inside the CP3 is smaller than the stock pump inlet fitting, but I still like that it lets you run bigger fuel lines to your CP3(s).

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
fitting

HEY man which fitting and what size do you drill it to? Any threads on doing it?

03GreenLB7

R-O-C-K in the U.S.A.
Jan 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
An Edge Juice typically doesn't even need a lift pump to hold good rail pressure. If you want to make more power you need better tuning. If you are having rail pressure issues then start worrying about how to fix it.

IMO the ported rail fitting is only good if you are too lazy to use a drill and do it to your stock fitting yourself. The inlet passage inside the CP3 is smaller than the stock pump inlet fitting, but I still like that it lets you run bigger fuel lines to your CP3(s).
just the answer i was looking for!! maybe when i do a turbo upgrade then ill look into the cp3 fitting just to run a bigger line, if its even needed to be done

drilled mine 1/8 on the driver side and 1/16 on the passenger side.
good to know.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Mine are all drilled to the inside diameter of the hard lines, which IIRC is 9/64, as are all of the injector feeds from the rail. I have 1 CP3 feeding each rail so I wasn't too worried about the cross feed line 's fittings. The rail itself is drilled out to 7/16 all the way through. Is it all needed, probably not but it hasn't seemed to hurt anything.

03GreenLB7

R-O-C-K in the U.S.A.
Jan 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
Once again, thanks man, this is something ill look to do over winter. just looking for some lil mods to do to get me going in the right direction. next big mod i plan is a SC IV tranny. then ill go from there with power.