Pulling Tires?

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
What are your thoughts and suggestions on pulling tires? Currently I am running KM2's and have worked well but thinking a change might be in order. Maybe Duratracs or Truxus STS.

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
I run 33x12.50x17 sts' and love the way they hook only issue I have is the rears took the edge off half way thru the season and they were brand new in April.

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
Richlmm I believe his name is on here pulls with us and switched from 33' sts' to 35' duratracks and gained quiet with them once he put his 2.6 charger on even on soft sandy tracks like we have

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
Duratracs get my vote! I love mine, they have performed well! Most of the tracks in my area (South Central PA) consist of pretty decent clay tracks.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
BFG A/T's have not lasted long at all for me. We also have any and every type of track here. They aren't well kept or prepped either.

How about MT ATZ's?

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
bfg ats work decent for a one tire does all. sandy loose tracks are tough, its more about technique out of the hole than tires in that situation

03_DMAX

Aug 15, 2010
BFG A/T's have not lasted long at all for me. We also have any and every type of track here. They aren't well kept or prepped either.

How about MT ATZ's?

They will wear decent. But not the best for pulling since they have big tread blocks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
For those of you saying they don't last long, or wear funny... Are these just pulling tires or is it a road/pulling tire. I would imagine pull only but not sure.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
i prefer the sts's but they just dont hold up even in a pulling only situation...i think it has to do with the new rubber they have...my old sts's were the denman ones...seemed to hold up well...the duratracs work well but when i go to hard clay i dont have enough john wayne to turn em...

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Our 4 rear sts, have 2 seasons on them from us and were bought used, they are pretty tore up but still bite hard, they will prob be retired for next season, frotns were new last spring and have little to no wear.

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
i guess its all about what tracks your pulling on.. ive ran all 3 tires that were brought up above.... ive had good luck with bfg at's duratrax... i dont really care for sts's for one they cost an arm and a leg... hard to find them... and they dont seem to work well where ive been pulling

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I have ran BFG at ko's for the last 6 or 7 years ( they are also all I have ever ran ) . They are hard to beat but this year I am debating on trying a set of duratracs . Its pretty hard to pull myself away from the BFG's though .

I have tried to get more than one season out of them too , but that doesn't work so well when you are driving the truck to the pulls .

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
For those of you saying they don't last long, or wear funny... Are these just pulling tires or is it a road/pulling tire. I would imagine pull only but not sure.

Mine were road and pulling but very few road miles.

Fierce MT will work well for you i think.

That's why I like my KM2's they are similar to the Fierce MT but a little smaller tread blocks.

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
I drive to/from the pulls with the duratracs. If I know there's going to be a few weeks without a pull I'd pull them off the truck. They seem to be holding up great!