Pulling Carnage?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
At the cost of turning radius though and braces will make the idler and pit man arms last longer too.

My 305-50R20 tires rub the antisway bar before I turn to full lock anyway so I never noticed a difference with the straight centerlink. We've put alot of them on trucks and most owners don't notice a difference in turning radius. The few trucks we have dealt with that had braces still had some toe in while pulling and racing and had more pitman and idler arm problems than all the straight centerlink trucks combined. Maybe it is just an odd coincidence, but I'll stick to what I know works.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Do you have traction bars and block the rear? We've been waiting for Winston's 2 piece shaft to break but it hasn't yet and my 1 piece steel shaft has also been fine so far.

Funny you say this. I do have the rear blocked but no traction bars yet. I was actually thinking about this the other day am I putting pressure on my drive shaft when I get axle wrap??? Is this what is causing them to break??

I broke two in one weekend on same track that pulled like a b*tch. I just bought a real nice shaft though, 6" aluminum all the way with thicker walls, billet ends and 1480 yokes :cool: but very pricey :eek: I don't want to break this one

I am gonna be building my own traction bars when I get time.

Last edited:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Funny you say this. I do have the rear blocked but no traction bars yet. I was actually thinking about this the other day am I putting pressure on my drive shaft when I get axle wrap??? Is this what is causing them to break??

I broke two in one weekend on same track that pulled like a b*tch. I just bought a real nice shaft though, 6" aluminum all the way with thicker walls, billet ends and 1480 yokes :cool: but very pricey :eek: I don't want to break this one

I am gonna be building my own traction bars when I get time.

If you have a really hard hooking track you can get quite a bit of axle wrap. Spring clamps front and rear and blocks is usually enough but if not traction bars should fix it.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
The LMM aluminum driveshafts are extremely weak. Clamps alone don't work on my reg cab LMM. I would recommend more bracing. I am running a large/thicker steel driveshaft too.