LLY: puff of blue smoke at start-up

Stove

May 3, 2008
Sheridan, IN
OK, never had smoke before.

Had head gaskets done at the dealer. Head studs installed, 3 new injectors. It had to go back for an injector leaking, and exhaust leak. They tightened some exhaust manifold bolts and corrected the fuel leak, while it was there I mention the puff of blue smoke. Didn't get anywhere with the smoke.

So I get a puff of smoke at start-up, definitely blue. It has to be shut down for a few hours to smoke at restart.

I have an exhaust tick after the truck is warmed up. My brother and father swear it sounds like the truck is missing just off idle, listening to the tailpipe.

Any thoughts on the above? As far as I can tell the truck runs and feels normal, just with a little smoke and little tick!!

thanks

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
To my knowledge that is cause by raw fuel being dump in on start up, probably nothing to worry about what tuning system or u using???

Stove

May 3, 2008
Sheridan, IN
Efi-live tuned.

Blue makes me think oil, but I don't know much!!:D

I have no clue about these trucks, but if it was an older truck or tractor I would think it was mechanical pump timing being slightly off. I am not sure but assume the only timing adjustment on our pumps is electronic, not on how the pump is located or oriented.