problem after airdog install

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
well i installed the airdog 150 last night and am having problems now. the quick diconnect on the front of the tank would not come out. i ended up having to cut the fitting and pry it out. well i damaged the connector i guess just enough that fuel is leaking out of it at idle and my idle is jumping up and down 40 RPM's. now here is my idea. sense it not worth putting a know new hardline in, im thinking of getting some 1/2 fuel ine hose and just running a new hose all the way to the fuel filter assembly, what do you think?

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
i dont see a fuel leak causing surge. i think it is probably providing to much pressure to the cp3 and causing the lope. try turning the pressure down on the airdogg. but you should also fix the leak. you should be able to take the quick connect part off the rest of the line and replace it

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
i dont see a fuel leak causing surge. i think it is probably providing to much pressure to the cp3 and causing the lope. try turning the pressure down on the airdogg. but you should also fix the leak. you should be able to take the quick connect part off the rest of the line and replace it

its the part on the hardline that is messed up, youd have to replace the hardline. i was thinking it was the oposite, not neough fuel because is loosing pressure. the airdog is a set pressure.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Sounds like an air leak. I did the first install ever of an air dog on a Duramax 4 years ago. I do not like them. If it quits it will not flow through.

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
If you have to use hose, use US Coast Guard approved diesel fuel hose. It is a hose within a hose. I use it for fuel and transmissions. Fantastic stuff.

ok thanks mike, ill see what i can find. wish there was an Oil, Air in fargo, best hose company i have ever been to. used to get all sorts of hoses for work there in the twin cities. only place you could get hydrolic hoses the size we needed

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
they are flow through these days mike. atleast mine is. maybe mine is just special though. also i thought that they had adjustable pressure?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
You won't have to run new hose all the way to the filter. Cut the hardline and run the hose from the aridog straight onto it, put on a hose clamp and you're done. Plenty of guys install PPE lift pumps this way with no problems.

Mine is flow through as well, and they have improved on the mounting and made it parallel to the frame since the old days.

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
You won't have to run new hose all the way to the filter. Cut the hardline and run the hose from the aridog straight onto it, put on a hose clamp and you're done. Plenty of guys install PPE lift pumps this way with no problems.

Mine is flow through as well, and they have improved on the mounting and made it parallel to the frame since the old days.

yep forgot to post back on here last night, that is what im going to do, just cut the hardline right by the pump and run the hose into it and double clamp it.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I'd get a flare tool and flare the hard line. It would give the hose something to bite on.

The AirDog lines fit the hard line tight enough I don't think it's necessary. I've used left over AirDog hoses to help someone install a PPE lift pump and just cut a piece out of the hard line, ran hose to the PPE pump and then back into the hard line, one clamp at each connection and no problems with it leaking - couldn't pull the hose off the hard line if you tried.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
how is it idleing now? and you're getting a code of it being too high or low? if it's still rough or lopey the pressure might be too high.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
if you take the spring out that is behind the fitting that was already on the pump when you got it, you can cut a coil out of it and drop the pressure down.

Last edited: