PPEs GT4094R on my LMM done

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Well the 4094 from PPE is on and the LMM is running. Chad and Alex of Alligator Performance, and Jordan took on this project without hesitation. The LMMs seem to be kinda a PITA to get to a lot of nesessary parts for just the removal. Once everything was out of the way and the VVT was gone it was time for the 4094. Miniture problems arose very often with this install but were rendered easily. Friday night I came to the shop after work and things were very close. There were a few little things that needed to be done before I would take a quick test run up the street and freeway before heading to Fontana. About 2AM, yes they stayed until it was done so I could run it in Fontana, I was rolling home to grab a couple things and headed west.

On the way down, the intercooler boot was cut by a clamp that created a boost leak. That was taken care of. The 90* elbow in the turbo oil feed had loosened up and created a oil leak. A few more turns on it from the guys of SoCal Black Smoke Club and it was pretty much cured. Anyway I got to put a run in and couldnt get the brakes to hold tight enough to build much boost, red light came on so I went for it and ran a 13.5. The second run felt better even know I left the line with 8-10psi and another red light, however the intercooler boot blew off just pass the 1/8th. I have the brake issue worked out now, (I think).

On the way home, Sunday, Chad met me at his shop with Jordan ready to fix any problems we developed. We went for like 3-4 hours trying to get the factory boot to work, however on my truck it will not happen. We have a few ideas to cure it and we should have it taken care of this week.

All in all the turbo is awesome, on the highway it freaking rocks. Cruising about 75ish and lay into it you go for one hell of a ride pretty quick to over 120ish easliy. This turbo is loud, you can hear the whistle like crazy. Its very fun and after getting tuning and the little bugs worked out, it should be awesome.

Huge thanks to Alligator Performance and Jordan, you guys did great and worked hard, all the way to 2AM in the morning.

Also, again thanks to my friends of the SoCal Black Smoke club, they were an awesome help at the track.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Congrats :rockon:

There are always bugs with new installs :(

I saw the video of ride home :D I bet folks on the 15 loved you ;)

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Nice keep us updated. How dose it drive from the stocker i know my HTT was not far from the stock daily driven feel, makes me wish i would of keep it a put on dual cp3's and a small build on the motor.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
FWIW you can get IC botts the change in size....if that would help?
get like a 3" to 2.75" or what ever is necesarry

and its pretty normal for the oil lines to leaks

Sounds like you are enjoyin the new turbo besides the lil glitches

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
FWIW you can get IC botts the change in size....if that would help?
get like a 3" to 2.75" or what ever is necesarry

and its pretty normal for the oil lines to leaks

Sounds like you are enjoyin the new turbo besides the lil glitches

thanks, Im loving it so far. Boot problem is worked out now, and oil feed is not leaking at all

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
glad to see you got it in, the lmm turbo is terrible to remove and install. i have had to replace two of them here at work and found it easier for me to just pull the trans and the exhaust.