PPE lift pump cons

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
So besides the loudness and the fact that it doesn't have pass through, what else is wrong with this pump?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Loudness seems to be the only con imo. Mine flows through fine though, dunno why? I know some don't flow through much at all too

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
So besides the loudness and the fact that it doesn't have pass through, what else is wrong with this pump?

Nothing... really, lift pumps all break sometime. Mine has about 10,000 miles over 2 years and not a single complaint. It flows 160gph, the seals on mine hold up just fine it seems. I personally like the sound of my lift pump. I'd rather hear it running than play a guessing game by not knowing it runs.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
why have i seen so many people complain about the PPE not passing fule through when disengaged? it seems like everybody i talk to that has one says their's passes fuel through. are they updated pumps or something?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Love my PPE pump havent had a problem with it.

also, there is a inlet and and outlet 90° to it then straight thru theres another port plugged off? Is this a port some are using as an outlet that makes it flow thru, or is it just flow thru if used and there no actually using the pump, or can it be used as the hose for a bypass, or is it just a plug for nothing.....or is it even a plug?

BTW: mine is flow thru, just not enough to drive. It will throw low pressure code under normal driving even on stock tune....

Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
why have i seen so many people complain about the PPE not passing fule through when disengaged? it seems like everybody i talk to that has one says their's passes fuel through. are they updated pumps or something?

It's kind of weird, mine will flow through just fine, I actually drive with it off sometimes. The only effect it has is my truck won't pull that hard on the top end.

Put one on a friends LMM and it won't flow through much at all, with it off the truck would barely pull, throw codes and bring rail pressure down to 3500k:eek:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Love my PPE pump havent had a problem with it.

also, there is a inlet and and outlet 90° to it then straight thru theres another port plugged off? Is this a port some are using as an outlet that makes it flow thru, or is it just flow thru if used and there no actually using the pump, or can it be used as the hose for a bypass, or is it just a plug for nothing.....or is it even a plug?

BTW: mine is flow thru, just not enough to drive. It will throw low pressure code under normal driving even on stock tune....

I use the fittings that are 90* from each other, don't remember the other plugged port? It that the one to adjust the output psi?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
PPE's pump is a good cheap pump and I don't think they are quite as loud as people make them out to be.

Don't expect much to come with it:
no wiring
no fittings
no fuel lines or hoses
no add-a-circuit

Basically you get a pump and relay and have to buy everything else seperate and figure out how to wire it and hook it into your fuel lines on your own. Not a big deal for most people but for the guys that like everything to come with it ready to put it on and detailed instructions this isn't for you.

PureFlow's AirDog lift pump is a 150gph pump, air seperation system, and it comes with a 2 micron fuel filter and a water seperator. AirDog pumps come with everything needed for a clean installation and detailed instructions. They also flow through fine for normal driving and are really quiet.

Last edited:

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
PPE's pump is a good cheap pump and I don't think they are quite as loud as people make them out to be.

Don't expect much to come with it:
no wiring
no fittings
no fuel lines or hoses
no add-a-circuit

Basically you get a pump and relay and have to buy everything else seperate and figure out how to wire it and hook it into your fuel lines on your own. Not a big deal for most people but for the guys that like everything to come with it ready to put it on and detailed instructions this isn't for you.

PureFlow's AirDog lift pump is a 150gph pump, air seperation system, and it comes with a 2 micron fuel filter and a water seperator. AirDog pumps come with everything needed for a clean installation and detailed instructions. They also flow through fine for normal driving and are really quiet.

so does it tell you what size lines, fitting, and wire to use? are there any instructions at all?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
so does it tell you what size lines, fitting, and wire to use? are there any instructions at all?

If you order the PPE lift pump and ask for a install kit you will get everything to put the pump in along with lines fittings and the billet pickup for in the tank.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
ahhhh.

ok another question...check valve?

Swing or ball, and if ball will it need to be a non-spring or with spring? And where to get :D

/hijack

Ball with a spring set for 2psi would be best I think, but you can get away with out the spring. Swing checks are ok but not the most reliable.