LLY: PPE duel fueler belt squeak

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Anybody have some suggestions? It's not bad, but loud enough to hear in and out of the cab. The pulley is somewhat misaligned, but I would have to bend the bracket to make it right (That is a last resort IMO).

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Anybody have some suggestions? It's not bad, but loud enough to hear in and out of the cab. The pulley is somewhat misaligned, but I would have to bend the bracket to make it right (That is a last resort IMO).

Mike (mlmm) has a thread on this and I believe he found a fix, I will try to find the thread

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
PPE dual fueler

As stupid as this sounds are you sure you have the belt routed correct? Mine was on for a year with it not routed correct. The way I had it looped on the tensioner was wrong:D but fit good! When I was putting the motor back together I noticed it had rubbed the back side of the belt just little and got to looking and sure enough, I had it wrong all that time. It may be something to look at. Jeff

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Jeff, I just looked and I am positive that it is routed right.

The squeak is a pulsing squeak (if that makes sense) Goes and comes as I drive. Its wierd.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Okay, I just threw a straight edge on my bracket its out about .125". Up and to the right. I can't get any more adjustment out of it. I can bend it in the press but I scared that I will never get it right doing that?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
what way does it need to move? have you tried a thin washer or even just loosening it and trying to adjust it?

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
It needs to be tilted to the passenger side a little, tilted down, and rotated clockwise.