PPE boost valve questions

TOWRIG

Sep 30, 2012
Tempe,az
If I run just the PPE boost valve by itself would I need to have the truck tuned ? Also is it safe to be running that high of boost on a bone stock truck? Finally if I decide to run a programmer will it interfere with the boost valve , since they tend to crank out so much HP.

Sorry I'm a newb to diesels haha my truck is an 06 LLY

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
i have a boost valve on my lb7 and honstley i didnt see a change with it at all and i have ran it with and without a programer

TOWRIG

Sep 30, 2012
Tempe,az
Oh ok because I've seen some crazy numbers like increasing boost by 10 psi haha I guess it's hit or miss

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
If I run just the PPE boost valve by itself would I need to have the truck tuned ? Also is it safe to be running that high of boost on a bone stock truck? Finally if I decide to run a programmer will it interfere with the boost valve , since they tend to crank out so much HP.

Sorry I'm a newb to diesels haha my truck is an 06 LLY

you cant use a PPE boost valve. Your truck has a VGT turbo so there is no wastgate to trick. Look into getting some tunes if you want more power. That will be the most bang for your buck power wise.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Agreed, there is no wastegate and no need for the valve. A boost controller seems to be a waste because a good tune is built for optimum power depending on where you want the power. Dont waste your money.

stock trans dsp tuning (ridgerunner or LATuning (kory Willis)), exhaust (diamond eye ebay), gauges (edge insight), gut the stock airbox and it will flow more than enough (ppe air box mod), and do a transgo jr.