Help: Post upgrades questions...

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
So I installed a suncoast kit in my trans, have a 1053-1 converter, S475 with all stock fuel. Finally got everything buttoned up. When I started it tonight for the first time there is a vibration/shaking... thing is it doesn't make any noise, I only feel it. I'm running a 4" down pipe and it does make contact with the firewall... would this be enough to feel? My other first thought was maybe its the TC...? I didn't get to run it long because of my second question...

Secondly where can I get the oring that goes on the pipe in this picture? after installing it when putting the ybridge in it was rotten/old and it ended up tearing. Hence why I couldn't run it for long because it was leaking coolent pretty bad out of there....
dmaxcoolantleakcolor.jpg

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
When I did my trans I did not tighten up the converter bolts enough and they backed out. Started as a slight vibration, then became more and more noticeable and loud. Just a thought...

Balindir

Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
No I haven't, I'm hopefully getting the o-ring tonight. I'm thinking its my downpipe because it is touching the firewall... Not much room for a 4" pipe in there. I can't think its the torque converter because I just loctited and torqued them to suncoast spec less than a week ago, so they should be tight right now, I could see it if it was a couple days or weeks from now.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I bet the downpipe would make a terrible vibration touching the firewall. I had a boost tube touching the master cylinder and it gave a terrible vibration.

Balindir

Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
Yea its definately the downpipe because as soon as I rev it, the vibration fluxates/goes away completely. As for the s475... My God it feels good! :thumb::D

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Yeah fix that downpipe or you'll get a nice giant hole in it that screams and gets black soot all over you motor