Possible Triples Setup, will it work?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I think running 2 s366's into the stocker would be counter productive. So the hx35 idea would be better IMO. Depending what year hx35 you get...94-98 have a 56mm comp wheel and 98.5-2002 have a 54mm comp wheel. Hy 35 may be better also because of there 9cm exhaust housing, standard hx35 has a 12cm housing which may be to loose to spool well on a fuel limited setup.

My danville 72 can get the jump on my buddies tripled truck and he has 60's with dual pumps...2 s360's into the s366 triple setup. Its the green tripled truck that cknight posted.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I think running 2 s366's into the stocker would be counter productive. So the hx35 idea would be better IMO. Depending what year hx35 you get...94-98 have a 56mm comp wheel and 98.5-2002 have a 54mm comp wheel. Hy 35 may be better also because of there 9cm exhaust housing, standard hx35 has a 12cm housing which may be to loose to spool well on a fuel limited setup.

My danville 72 can get the jump on my buddies tripled truck and he has 60's with dual pumps...2 s360's into the s366 triple setup. Its the green tripled truck that cknight posted.

Haha but he does have a bad trans problem :D

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

Your friends truck is broke or he needs to learn how to drive if you are anywhere near him.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
What about a couple HE351's? $300-350 a pop and quite a bit better then the HX and HY35.
For your hp goal two s366's is overkill.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Trent was doing I believe s256 turbos over stock

Yes. The very first triple setup was on a stock LB7/ stock turbo, and EFI. I watched it dyno around 550 and 1117tq (mustang dyno uncorrected, 4400' elevation) with less than max tuning. I believe it later did over 600 hp. The whole point of doing triples was to get quicker spoolup with lots of air capacity. That setup moved more air than a single 480. Throttle response was instantaneous, there was no turbo lag. It's a good combination for stock engine/turbo. That crewcab longbed accelerated like crazy and was fun to drive.

Last edited:

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
What about a couple HE351's? $300-350 a pop and quite a bit better then the HX and HY35.
For your hp goal two s366's is overkill.

i was wondering this also, 60mm comp
maybe the hot side would be too small tho?

anyone know what the full specs of them s256's are/were?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
i was wondering this also, 60mm comp
maybe the hot side would be too small tho?

It's still a 9cm housing on both the HY and HE. I believe the HX35 has a 12cm housing? All I know is we swapped the hy35 on my friends 12v for an HE351 and without changing anything but the turbo it made a giant difference. Gained 8-9psi and egts came down a bit at WOT as well as cruising. Not to mention HE351's are damn near bullet proof lol

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
jsut before he went MIA, he was doing some cool stuff with twin 366s. im like 80% sure Kris (duramaxhd) has twin 366s over his stocker with a batmowheel. ill have to see if i can find the thread but it did Kris motor in lol :D

Maybe his was different but I'm almost sure his are s360's like a kit I put on a LBZ. I went with s360's also after talking with Trent about the 1000+HP potential of them with the right high pressure charger. OI couldn't be happier with how well the truck drives. How well the triple kits perform is all about what you do on hot side.

I guess now that Trents not in the sport anymore I'm allowed to talk about the specs on my setup. James, Evan's right they are two S360's not 66's over a stock batmo wheeled ihi. Even on stock max effort fueling they spooled wicked fast. Made short work of the stock motor as James said though. In the few drives I had with dual fuelers and 100 overs it was even crazier

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
When my beater duramax is running and can make the voyage haha. I want to get up there Tim just short on time lately

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Would HE351's do well with an LBZ stocker and stock motor?

Just going off the last few posts, it sounds like they would definitely have the potential tear through a stock short block:eek:

What does a comparison between a s360 and an hx351 look like, side by side?

Turbo stuff is intoxicatingly frustrating.

First, you have to pick a power level right? Then a range of turbos will work and you figure a compromise of the group that best fits your needs, right? Then you settle on the manufacturer you are gonna trust, then you start trying to figure out what A/R and trim to choose, only to find out that the trim that is available from the manufacturer you chose is different from the set up you saw or are mimicking, because the manufactures of these turbo's don't do anything exactly the same, a mm here, less blades more blades, a cm there, if a guy was trying to "copy" a build but used similar turbo(s) instead of the same turbo(s) you just might find out that the slight variance in trim between the two setups makes, or breaks the end result. Not only do part variances affect the end result, then you gotta find, trust and communicate you goals to a tuner and hope they get it dialed right, it's kinda scary with so much at stake and so much time and money involved, to get it just right, takes so much thought, time and effort, then, some guys just get lucky:rolleyes:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Just going off the last few posts, it sounds like they would definitely have the potential tear through a stock short block:eek:

What does a comparison between a s360 and an hx351 look like, side by side?

Turbo stuff is intoxicatingly frustrating.

First, you have to pick a power level right? Then a range of turbos will work and you figure a compromise of the group that best fits your needs, right? Then you settle on the manufacturer you are gonna trust, then you start trying to figure out what A/R and trim to choose, only to find out that the trim that is available from the manufacturer you chose is different from the set up you saw or are mimicking, because the manufactures of these turbo's don't do anything exactly the same, a mm here, less blades more blades, a cm there, if a guy was trying to "copy" a build but used similar turbo(s) instead of the same turbo(s) you just might find out that the slight variance in trim between the two setups makes, or breaks the end result. Not only do part variances affect the end result, then you gotta find, trust and communicate you goals to a tuner and hope they get it dialed right, it's kinda scary with so much at stake and so much time and money involved, to get it just right, takes so much thought, time and effort, then, some guys just get lucky:rolleyes:
I sort of picture you speaking into a tape recorder just to play it back and hear the sound of your own voice........

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I sort of picture you speaking into a tape recorder just to play it back and hear the sound of your own voice........

:roflmao:
Sure, something like that.
Kinda like your sig? Just gotta lay it out there thick and heavy:rofl:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
:roflmao:
Sure, something like that.
Kinda like your sig? Just gotta lay it out there thick and heavy:rofl:
My sig and your rambling are entirely different. I choose to show some support for the companies that support our sport and have helped to get my truck where it is today. Your rambling tends to mislead and often misinform people. Your posts at the beginning of this thread offer no help because you have no knowledge or experience with triples. You have come a long way since caspmax, but I think you still have some work to do.

Edit: Speaking of sigs. Yours says "Throttle down boost up, thats the way we lite em up." What the hell type of nonsense is this to be judging me lol

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
My sig and your rambling are entirely different. I choose to show some support for the companies that support our sport and have helped to get my truck where it is today. Your rambling tends to mislead and often misinform people. Your posts at the beginning of this thread offer no help because you have no knowledge or experience with triples. You have come a long way since caspmax, but I think you still have some work to do.

Edit: Speaking of sigs. Yours says "Throttle down boost up, thats the way we lite em up." What the hell type of nonsense is this to be judging me lol

How do you light up your rear tires? You put the throttle down till the boost comes up...Nonsense? Hmm, more like, light hearted fun, the little pic in my sig is worth all the words in your sig:D do you remember 2 live crew? "Face down azz up, that the way we like to f**k???;)

Showing support to great companies, huh, if you really were only showing support to the company, then only list the company and owner, otherwise it looks more like showing off to me...but hey, that's up to you, really I could care less, I just noticed how your signature rambles on like I do:joker:
maybe you feel like the more stuff that's there in you're sig, the more it will make the words you type feel more valuable to others, like status....

My ramblings, yeah I ramble a bit, in comparison to half of you guys. I get tired of the cut up, cryptic answers that side step other pertinent info, just cuz most of you guys know the lingo, tech, parts, or its. been covered before, whenever year it may have been, whatever. You're right btw, sometimes I post info that's not totally accurate, and for that i am sorry, however, sometimes it's accuracy is understood through perception. Some guys will say I'm an idiot, and have, for assuming and posting that a stock LBZ shot block will handle 650+whp. Well, it's becoming more and more common. Anymore this is in fact a true and acceptable statement. Almost weekly I see another stock LBZ hitting low to mid 600's. Is it safe, pssh no. Has it been done over and over, yup. But that info wouldn't be accepted from me, even though its in this forum from others and applauded.

Sometimes I just open up the dialog a little for the sole purpose of getting more info out on the table, stupid question, ramble, whatever it takes to manipulate info from the forum without being told to "gtfo and use the search"

All of you "experienced" guys were green once, most of you guys were/are no different, I've read posts from 06-present day, you guys were not always the genius diesel geeks you are today.

You too trojan366, have come a long way in a short time, you got a little on me but not much, I have read some doozies fired from your keyboard as well...

I have no qualms with any of you and would probably consider most of you guys to be in the category of friends, weather or not you hate me and my posts, if I could ever help a forum member I would, and that's who I am:hug:

Last edited: