Possible shift flare?

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Ive noticed ever since I got my tunes from ATP a month or so ago, my truck feels like it shifts weird.

When cruising and I give it more gas, right as it goes to shift, it feels like my truck stalls or lags for a second. The RPM gauge on the cluster shows the drop in RPMs like I'd imagine it should, it just feels like it hesitates for a second.

Some days it feels like it shifts completely fine and smooth, and other days it feels like it shutters for a split second. Is there anyway to log anything with a V2? Or this could all be in my head, not sure, but it just doesnt feel quite "right" but that may be placebo.

No transmission codes, never limped it or anything.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
That sounds like a defueling issue. Depending on how it was addressed when it was tuned, adding power will magnify the factory defuel effect.

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
Throwing this out there, but I'd record all the speed channels you can to see if something is slipping. Also record engine commanded speeds.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Double check your tranny fluid at operating temp as well. It will cause weird shifts as well by being just a little low.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Best way to test for issues is reload your stock tune and test.

If it shifts correctly it's tuning related.

If it still has issues it's transmission related.

Reset the transmission adapts after switching tunes.......

dirtboy726

victim of diesel hotrodery
Mar 13, 2010
nova scotia, canada
I was hopng for some results on this, as i have some of this happening from time to time as well.
to me it just feels like i lose all fueling for a half a second then it kicks back in and away i go.
hopefully we get some more feedback on this.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Best way to test for issues is reload your stock tune and test.

If it shifts correctly it's tuning related.

If it still has issues it's transmission related.

Reset the transmission adapts after switching tunes.......

OP any updates?

I was hopng for some results on this, as i have some of this happening from time to time as well.
to me it just feels like i lose all fueling for a half a second then it kicks back in and away i go.
hopefully we get some more feedback on this.

I'm going to reload my stock tune file as soon as I get my V2 back from my cousin. Im thinking it may actually be tuning related since I never noticed it before, however being tuned by Rob, Id have to think its weird for his tune to be acting up

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
No. Several things can cause it. Tuning is the main one though.

Start with the stock tune test and go from there. No matter what the results are it will eliminate a lot of things very easily.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
yes and a good thing although too much can make it act like your talking about.

No. Several things can cause it. Tuning is the main one though.

Start with the stock tune test and go from there. No matter what the results are it will eliminate a lot of things very easily.

Okay I will try the stock tune file and see if it still occurs.

Now if i do need to send a log to ATP, what specific PIDs do i need to highlight?