LLY: Ported Fuel Rail Fitting necessary?

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Is a ported fuel rail fitting, aka one that PPE sells really necessary?

Its only like 35 bucks, so im not sure if its worth the trouble or not when I already have a shim kit installed.

Also....a guy on facebook is selling an LMM Cp3 with 130k miles for 300 bucks, is this a good buy or would it be best to just save for a modified lbz cp3 or sportsman pump? Stock injectors/turbo still obviously, no plans to upgrade injectors ever

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Just pull the stock one out and drill it out yourself, i bought one from PPE and it would leake even when torqued to spec, if you compare the construction of the two you can see the aftermarket one has a smaller lip that helps seal it causing fuel to leak by. Make sure you have a nice clean hole with no debris of course im not to sure of the size to use maybe you can find the spec of one and get the correct bit

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I drilled all of mine to the size of the hole in the line that goes to each fitting. Also drilled my railes for the injector lines.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Just pull the stock one out and drill it out yourself, i bought one from PPE and it would leake even when torqued to spec, if you compare the construction of the two you can see the aftermarket one has a smaller lip that helps seal it causing fuel to leak by. Make sure you have a nice clean hole with no debris of course im not to sure of the size to use maybe you can find the spec of one and get the correct bit

Right, I forgot about doing that.

I saw a kid on instagram do that, but I didnt know if that was potentially a harmful thing to do if you dont have a steady hand

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Thats probably the going rate for a good CP3. I have one was going to keep for a spare but i'd ship it to ya for $350. I bought it new in 2012, has 65 sled pulls on it. Maybe 100 road miles. LBZ pump with regulator,.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Thats probably the going rate for a good CP3. I have one was going to keep for a spare but i'd ship it to ya for $350. I bought it new in 2012, has 65 sled pulls on it. Maybe 100 road miles. LBZ pump with regulator,.

I'm weighing the pros and cons of pulling the trigger on that.

I have heard replacing the CP3 is a PITA

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Right, I forgot about doing that.

I saw a kid on instagram do that, but I didnt know if that was potentially a harmful thing to do if you dont have a steady hand

Wont be too bad if you have a vice, just set it and forget it:thumb:

If your nervouse just increase the bit size until you get to the desired size, foolproof that way

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I just used my vice and drill, go nice and slow and make sure you get all the burrs and debris cleaned out of the rail. I used the same bit for the rail fitting.
IMG_0141_3.jpg

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Make sure you use one of the nylon engine cleaning brushes to scrub the inside of the rail to get any shavings out. Or you'll be having injectors serviced.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Here you go...

Fleece Performance Engineering ported fuel rail fitting test

Part 1
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m95OEIeX6uQ

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7ZoQrKbzA&desktop_uri=/watch?v=3J7ZoQrKbzA&app=desktop

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I'm over 500 HP now by a fair chunk (12mm stroker CP3 and 100% over injectors) and I've never had any problem holding rail pressure. After watching the Fleece video, I feel it has no real benefit for my power level. So why risk the burrs getting into your injectors, leaks, etc? That's why I didn't do it.

Sent from my FlashScan V2.