Please help me in welcoming SunCoast

Rikter

Grumpy, old, farty, funny
Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
I am welcoming suncoast with my trust & money (not sure which is 1st). Taking a leap of faith by sending in my 2005 5speed trans & ordering a built 6 speed conversion (?)
Torque converter & billet flex plate.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I am welcoming suncoast with my trust & money (not sure which is 1st). Taking a leap of faith by sending in my 2005 5speed trans & ordering a built 6 speed conversion (?)
Torque converter & billet flex plate.

Subbed. Keep me posted, I'll be doing exactly this at some point. I'm going to drag my stock 5 speed out as long as it'll move the truck though. Let me know how you like it and if the extra gear is worth it

sent from a galaxy far far away

Rikter

Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
I drive a lot on hi-way & rough stuff. I will be keeping a close eye on fuel use. New flex-plate & transfer case kit. I'll let you know.

Rikter

Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
So after everything is done Dyno says 946 lb/ft torque. Trans shifts into 4th for about 1 sec then up to 5th. Reverse shift is like a kick in the chest. way too hard. But I can deal with all that. It's the gear indicator that ticks me off. So far NO RESPONSE from Suncoast. And no help from Edge. I will need a TapShifter I think. The shifting is really all over the map. Up & down gears when driving in traffic. Needs a better program. Just hold a gear for few seconds!!!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
So after everything is done Dyno says 946 lb/ft torque. Trans shifts into 4th for about 1 sec then up to 5th. Reverse shift is like a kick in the chest. way too hard. But I can deal with all that. It's the gear indicator that ticks me off. So far NO RESPONSE from Suncoast. And no help from Edge. I will need a TapShifter I think. The shifting is really all over the map. Up & down gears when driving in traffic. Needs a better program. Just hold a gear for few seconds!!!

So what was the point of your post? Sounds like you have tuning issues to work out.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com

What kind of response are you looking for? People who call us for allison tech are usually taken care of on the spot especially if it's warranty claims, unless we are waiting on info back from the customer. You need to provide more infomation in your situation.
Is this a complete built unit from us or a kit build someone else did?
Tuning? What are you waiting from edge? Why do you "need" a tap shifter?