Please explain

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Could someone please help me understand what DA Calculators do for drag racing? I am trying to better my 60' times for the local 1/8 mile track. I currently average 1.8x-1.9X. Thanks for the help.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
IIRC DA calculators messure the Density Altitude. The higher the DA the less power an engine will make.
Get some smaller tires for better 60 fts.

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
IIRC DA calculators messure the Density Altitude. The higher the DA the less power an engine will make.
Get some smaller tires for better 60 fts.

I am currently running the Srock 16" with 285/75/R16 Michelin LTX D rated, just for the track. Looking for a udes set of tires to replace the LTX's when the belts show thru. :)

So I should check the DA before heading to the track to see what effect the weather is going to have? Is there any adjustment that could be made to over come a high DA?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I am currently running the Srock 16" with 285/75/R16 Michelin LTX D rated, just for the track. Looking for a udes set of tires to replace the LTX's when the belts show thru. :)

So I should check the DA before heading to the track to see what effect the weather is going to have? Is there any adjustment that could be made to over come a high DA?

Those tires should work ok. You dont need to check DA. A bigger turbo or nitrous would help high DA. What altitude is your track at? What rpm do you leave at? whats your 1/4 mile ET and mph?

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Those tires should work ok. You dont need to check DA. A bigger turbo or nitrous would help high DA. What altitude is your track at? What rpm do you leave at? whats your 1/4 mile ET and mph?

Track is at 470ft, I believe I leave at 2200 RPM and I have no idea what my 1/4 mile ET is as I have never been to a 1/4 mile track, sorry. Have had thoughts of getting a bigger turbo, just broke right now.