Pitman Arm Snapped!!!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Can you still run the Cognito braces with Tony's brace or not?

I cant say but with tonys setup the cognito braces do absolutly nothing other than add weight and make replacement of parts more of a bitch

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
I cant say but with tonys setup the cognito braces do absolutly nothing other than add weight and make replacement of parts more of a bitch

Is there something that would be better then Tony's setup for DD and some drag racing? Not sure I really need a billet centerlink.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Yea I'm always using 4 wheel at the hunting camp and I usually launch it at least twice a month on sunday nights. May have to look into a straight centerlink how much does it hinder your turning. I have never ridden in a truck with one let alone a lifted truck

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
One of our supers had has his stock one break last week while backing out of his drivway. He has 80K-90K on his truck with a 6" RCD lift and 35s.

While at the dealer they dropped his truck off the lift. Lucky he has the same Putco nerf bars as me and it held the truck up, so he only got a bent step and a small dent in the door. He is pissed they don't make those basrs any more though. Another company makes them but they're not quite the same. He wants to trade me bars.... :roflmao::tease::f-that:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I have over 120 000 miles on my truck and have been running Cognito center link braces and either Cognito's HEIM joint tie rods or their factory tie rod style tie rods with no issues once so ever on my 6" lifted truck. And the truck has been lifted with these parts since day one.

I just had it in to get an allignment done and found the pitman and idler arms both need replacing as they are worn. Not sure why you guys claim you can't find worn parts because of the braces. I found it and so did the allignment shop without much extra effort.:confused:

I think Cognito's stuff is fine. I wouldn't recommend the straight centerlink for a daily driver. Hard on tires and doesn't turn as tight either. For a puller or drag truck, I would put one on most definetly!!

Chad

Chad231
Nov 26, 2008
Santa Cruz California
I have about 40,000 miles on a 6" RCD lift turned down to about 3.5", with a PPE straight center link that has been bored out to 7/8" and reinforced to accept their HD pitman and Idler arms, a super steer pivot and the weld in brace and the 1 1/2" PPE billet tie-rods, and even though I feel it would likely survive a nuclear blast, 7 point turns have become the norm and it DESTROYS tires. DESTROYS. Not wears the outside edges a bit, it nearly rips lugs off. It has changed the way I drive.

I would like to hear what guys with the EXAXT straight center-link say about it. I considered it but was purchasing a bunch of stuff for my trucks from PPE at the time and Dan sweetened the deal enough to make me to max out the front end. They claim it doesn't change the turning radius at all, but I find that hard to believe. Straight is straight when it comes to a center link and I have 2 of the exact truck, crew cab 3500 long beds, and the truck with the stock center link turns circles around my lifted truck.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I would like to hear about the exaxt also. Sorry to hear that chad but thats exactly what I don't want to happen. Spend an assload of money and have the turning radius school bus that's eating tires.

Chad

Chad231
Nov 26, 2008
Santa Cruz California
I'm not worried about it ever failing that's for sure. But it's a bit over kill for running down dirty tree huggers, trust fund college students and crushing prius' out here in Santa Cruz.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
I'm at the point where I believe all my steering components are going to need replacing hearing some thumps and bumps when I'm pulling out of driveways. I put narrow knuckles on and hate the turning radius. I could only imagine how much worse it would be with a straight cl. Haven't really crunched the numbers too hard just yet, but it almost seems that if I were to buy the kryptonite kit braces new idler arm pitman arm weld on brace, and everything else I could spend a little more and straight axle it. Keep my turning radius, and have a good strong front end and not ever have to worry about cv angles again:confused:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
My pitman arm snapped also, luckily my wife was driving slow down a side street. She was inches from crashing into a parked car; nothing happened though. I just happened to have the cognito brace off on that side. Probably would have been better with it on.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
So with Tony's brace the cognito's are pointless??? good to know as I have been looking at adding both. I can feel my front end go ape shit when I do a 4 hi launch.