Pistons hard to find, anything else??

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I needed a set of motorsports cast piston, .020" over. Mahle says 4 weeks put, which is code for 8 to 12 lol. I called everyone, including some internet stores, trying to find some in stock. I ended up finding 5 sets, 2 at wagler, both machined to lower CR couple points. Socal had 3, all coated(didn't need). Best option was .040 coated & machined for a stroked crank from them.
This covid shutdown is going to make this type of problem bad, and I think we're just getting started with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

D_Ferrante801

I hate everyone.
Apr 2, 2019
Logan @ Diesels Unlimited had a low mileage set for $600 Shipped if you are not opposed to a used piston as well.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I bought the set at socal. I wasn't clear in my post in hindsight. Lorenzo at socal is always super helpful, he got me fixed up.

I didn't call Dustin but nearly everyone else. Actually called and had dhd, wagler, socal, Danville, alligator, LDS, several internet stores, etc personally check. Checked several places online like summit but they say shipped from manufacturer so didn't bother. .

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Thanks to letting all the criminals out, crime has skyrocketed... They have been stealing trucks in my area. My other truck was broken into.
I have been trying to get a good alarm for about 1 month now... No inventory, No release/availability date...

I actually caught a guy in the middle of the act trying to break into cars. He resisted arrest and wouldn't drop the pipe he had in his hand when the cops rolled up.
I talked to the officer and he said all they are doing is catch and release. He said the guy would be out in about an hour or so after they booked him in. He is already on Parole. If his PO answers they might be able to get a 24 hour hold since he is a repeat offender...

Reactions: Utah builder

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
This is just the beginning guys

the automotive parts world has been hit super hard by this all. And it’s just getting worse.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Yep, buddy had a hard time getting bearing shells for his Dmax as well as Mahle lb7 replacement pistons. I've been waiting on a set of Comp #850 lifters since July

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Thanks to letting all the criminals out, crime has skyrocketed... They have been stealing trucks in my area. My other truck was broken into.
I have been trying to get a good alarm for about 1 month now... No inventory, No release/availability date...

I actually caught a guy in the middle of the act trying to break into cars. He resisted arrest and wouldn't drop the pipe he had in his hand when the cops rolled up.
I talked to the officer and he said all they are doing is catch and release. He said the guy would be out in about an hour or so after they booked him in. He is already on Parole. If his PO answers they might be able to get a 24 hour hold since he is a repeat offender...

Do you live in Houston? Lol They’ve been letting guys out charged with attempted murder on PR bonds here.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Basically anything coming from China has been hard to get. Some Fox and Bilstein shocks were backordered for months, anything Mahle/VR, anything Delco and Dorman. It's been an auto-recycler's wet dream situation if they have quality stuff.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Couple months ago I paid wholesale new Motorcraft price for a used harness that ford has on backorder. I really haven't noticed the problem on non oem parts yet for some reason.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Couple months ago I paid wholesale new Motorcraft price for a used harness that ford has on backorder. I really haven't noticed the problem on non oem parts yet for some reason.

Ford still to this day has not opened any of the plants to build harnesses.

want to talk about a cluster.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Do you live in Houston? Lol They’ve been letting guys out charged with attempted murder on PR bonds here.
No, Worse. Commiefornia... I forgot the percentage it was something like a 275% rise in crimes. They also gave convicted felons the right to vote after they have served their Sentence...

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca
No, Worse. Commiefornia... I forgot the percentage it was something like a 275% rise in crimes. They also gave convicted felons the right to vote after they have served their Sentence...

So that prop did pass huh, everyday this hell hole gets worse and worse. You'd think people would learn by now. Apparently not, which doesnt suprise me