PID files

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Here are some PID files that i use,some are old adn i havenot used them for a while

when building a PID file try and keep it to what ONLY you need as the less chanels selected the better the quality of data

the reason I say channels and not PID is some PIDS use up to 3 channels by only selecting one PID

Ive read a while back that Pat likes to use boost voltage....this is very cool because you only need the one pid to select, He might of even said that he thought it was a little more accurate

you can use any of these files and modify to your needs or feel free to add your own pid files to this thread, I thought this may help some of us:hug:

Note these are mostly for LLY,But can be easily adapted for the 7s
sorry bout your luck newer models:angel:

To use these files i would save them to the desktop then open the zip folder and save to my documents - EFI-v7-pids

Attachments

• correcting mass sensor.zip
    211 bytes · Views: 283
  • cp3 mod.zip
    295 bytes · Views: 215
  • drive pressure.zip
    244 bytes · Views: 181
  • balance rates.zip
    258 bytes · Views: 275
  • simon.zip
    370 bytes · Views: 128
  • simon boost and vane.zip
    315 bytes · Views: 158
  • trans.zip
    272 bytes · Views: 203
  • LLY Driving2.zip
    307 bytes · Views: 175

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Larry
i just checked the trans PID,I havnt used it in so long and its only got 2 pids selected
Anychance you still have that file and if so is it different to mine

I know at one point i had everything possible selected for logging the allison..not sure why its different now?

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Larry
i just checked the trans PID,I havnt used it in so long and its only got 2 pids selected
Anychance you still have that file and if so is it different to mine

I know at one point i had everything possible selected for logging the allison..not sure why its different now?

WOuld this be the file :)

Attachments

• tranny2.zip
    259 bytes · Views: 128

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I opened the drive pressure pid and I don't see how it will log the drive pressure based on which PIDs are selected in that file?????

Also, what I have is AutoMeter's Cobalt series eetrical gauges and I'm wanting to log the following data:

EGT
Boost
Drive Pressure &
Fuel Pump Pressure

I am as lost as it gets on setting things up so that these will log along with some other PIDs that are already available. Any and all help woud be greatly appreciated. :beer:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I opened the drive pressure pid and I don't see how it will log the drive pressure based on which PIDs are selected in that file?????

Also, what I have is AutoMeter's Cobalt series eetrical gauges and I'm wanting to log the following data:

EGT
Boost
Drive Pressure &
Fuel Pump Pressure

I am as lost as it gets on setting things up so that these will log along with some other PIDs that are already available. Any and all help woud be greatly appreciated. :beer:

No can do with EGTS:(

Boost DP and lift pump Yes,I hooked mine up today to do this very same thing on the 01:) My 05 only has lift pump and DP capable of logging

As far as the PID i will have to double check it? But it is just needing AUX input 1 as far as the DP to be able to log,Then you create a Calc PID and use it

I will locate the link for the post that this info is on Mitch and then post it in here;)

I have a excel sheet that I made that has what you need to log most of the A/M gauges 0-15, 0-30 ,0-60 and 0-100 PSI the only one i never did was NOS but it wouldnt be to hard to add that if you need.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Ok, lots of progress today.... I seen your Excel sheet Simon; and got that part taken care of.

Also finally got the calculated PIDs to show up in the PID list. Got them selected and referencing the corresponding EXT.AD1-4 PIDs BUT and when logging the show the math as being right that I put in the calc_pid.txt file it's just that the EXT.AD PIDs aren't getting any signal. No votage was shown through the pins when tested with a meter while running. Not real sure what the deal is with that. Any suggestions???

The EGT gauge is working but not right. From what I've seen, the probe from a SPA has worked for some so that's what we've got. No bueno though.

FWIW, we used pin locations 4 for neg. and 10 for positive on the plugs into the gauges. They were vacant ports in the plugs.

Another question.... I seen a document referenced several times called "sae_generic.txt." BUT I never could find it in V4 or V5 EFI Live. I needed it to figure out the "UNIT" part of the calc_pid.txt file so for now, our logs will be unitless but that's minute at this point. Good data is paramount.

Thanks yall. Is it too much to ask you that log drive pressure to post up your actual "calc_pid.txt" file so I can check it against ours????

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ok, lots of progress today.... I seen your Excel sheet Simon; and got that part taken care of.

Also finally got the calculated PIDs to show up in the PID list. Got them selected and referencing the corresponding EXT.AD1-4 PIDs BUT and when logging the show the math as being right that I put in the calc_pid.txt file it's just that the EXT.AD PIDs aren't getting any signal. No votage was shown through the pins when tested with a meter while running. Not real sure what the deal is with that. Any suggestions???

The EGT gauge is working but not right. From what I've seen, the probe from a SPA has worked for some so that's what we've got. No bueno though.
I myself cant help ya there

FWIW, we used pin locations 4 for neg. and 10 for positive on the plugs into the gauges. They were vacant ports in the plugs.
Use the volt meter with the truck on and try to get a reading directly from thos 2 spots....You should have something between 0-5 volts

Another question.... I seen a document referenced several times called "sae_generic.txt." BUT I never could find it in V4 or V5 EFI Live. I needed it to figure out the "UNIT" part of the calc_pid.txt file so for now, our logs will be unitless but that's minute at this point. Good data is paramount.
Not sure its been a while since i have done anything with EFI,Ill have a look later

Thanks yall. Is it too much to ask you that log drive pressure to post up your actual "calc_pid.txt" file so I can check it against ours????

I posted a log from my truck with stock tune somewhere in this part of the forum? Ill look for it:)

You can do things 2 ways, 1 being just get the voltage and then convert it when you DL the log to Excel

2- being you can use EFI to do it,I used the first way when I started playing around so i could figure out the correct formulas

Ill be starting to play around with this more in a lil bit here,But as of right now I dont even have electric gauges in my 05 and the 01 Doesnt even have a battery:rolleyes::D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Thanks Simon. I appreciate your help. Next step is to check the voltage at the gauge. No voltage is shown at the plugs into the EFI Live hand unit. I'm assuming the elec. gauges work off of the same voltage reading that we are looking for and they are working so they are getting the voltage sent to them, just gotta get that signal from the gauge to the EFI Live hand held unit. :D

On the EGT logging. The truck has two probes. One goes to the gauge in the truck and is the supplied probe for the gauge and is working properly. The other probe is the SPA K-type probe and is run directly to the EFI Live V2 hand unit and plugged into the Temp1 port. It does some minor fluctuation but the information/data is completely wrong. i.e. sitting idling it's at about 70-85*, while the gauge shows 2-300. When revving up the gauge shows EGTs jumping up a couple hundred degrees and the EFI Live log shows it going from about 75* up to about 100-105*. So it does slowly fluctuate but it just isn't right.

Isn't it member "greyarea" that mentioned being able to log EGTs with one of these SPA probes???

C-ya