Pay pal

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I have a question hopefully someone can help. Selling my dads Harley and the guy who I'm talkin to now wants to pay via pay pal. I know you can transfer money though it and he says he will pay fees. My question is if he transfers ye money how long till its in my account. And from there how long to transfer it to say my checking account? He said he will transfer it right now an wants to pick up the bike tomorrow. Just wanting to make sure there is no way we are getting screwed here.

slipagnt

Sep 20, 2011
Marietta GA
It takes around 3 days for paypal to transfer money to my bank account. I don't think they charge a fee just to send money from one paypal account to another though.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
So if he transfers it today and I move it from my account to my bank is there a way he could recall the money and leve me out without a bike and no money?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
If its a certain price range or higher they charge fees. And I would tell him he can't pick it up until its certified in your paypal account.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
He can file a made up dispute with you maybe. May turn into an ordeal. Think he is charging it to a CC? I would prefer cash for something like that.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
He can file a made up dispute with you maybe. May turn into an ordeal. Think he is charging it to a CC? I would prefer cash for something like that.

I'm keeping all the emails between us just incase. He says he would rather do pay pal and honestly my dad just needs the money to buy a truck bad. What is a cc?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Just like all major purchases/transactions. Save all paperwork/texts/phone calls etc. I've watched enough peoples court :rofl:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I have a question hopefully someone can help. Selling my dads Harley and the guy who I'm talkin to now wants to pay via pay pal. I know you can transfer money though it and he says he will pay fees. My question is if he transfers ye money how long till its in my account. And from there how long to transfer it to say my checking account? He said he will transfer it right now an wants to pick up the bike tomorrow. Just wanting to make sure there is no way we are getting screwed here.
1st is he paypal verifyed?Most do a 500 non refundable deposit thru paypal and the rest in cash at time of pick up i dont even trust a bank check or money order.The guy seams a little to in a hurry to get it i would be causiousIf he pays by e check you dont have the money for a few days all it will say is money has been sent but it wont see if the money is good for awhile otherwise there is instant transfer from bank account and pay from a credit card.I would be very careful next thing you know there wasnt any money and your bike winds up on a stolen vechical list

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I would guess he is tryig to do it from a credit card. When he comes to pick it up my dad is going to get a copy of his license and a bill of sell. Hopefully he doesn't get screwed

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
id tell the guy he cant have the bike till the money transfers from your paypal account to your bank account...

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
How do you know if someone is PayPal verified? I have been contemplating telling him he can't pick it up till its in my bank account

Chris611

Jul 14, 2007
Knoxville, Iowa
How do you know if someone is PayPal verified? I have been contemplating telling him he can't pick it up till its in my bank account

It should say something to the effect that they are verified when you see their user name. I don't know what exactly makes you verified. Like others have said once the money is in your paypal account it's yours. you can leave it there and buy stuff with it or have them cut you a check.

I wouldn't let you keep my money for 3 days with no bike. How does he know that you are not screwing him? That's why cash always works best. When I sold a vehicle a while back, he gave me a cashiers check. I told him I would keep the title until the check cleared and then send him the title.

Always make a Bill of Sale that you both sign and both have copies of. Its doesn't need to be fancy, just says that you sold so and so a (give a brief descriptions with VIN number) for $X on such and such date. Both of you should sign both copies, so you each have one.