Pay pal hoax

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Good friend sellin parts n had a guy to pay with paypal. Friends doesn't has it so he using mine. Guy sends me a msg with trans# n says thx. Well I never got a confirmatio from paypal or an email. This was on saturaday. Today I chk and still nada. Anytime I've received a payment, I get an email to paypal stating so. So I think this guy sent a bogus trans # n sent me the MSG so I'd have the friend ship the part.. Yal Thinkin the same or do yal have this happen too? I just now chk'd the payment received history n it's blank.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Good friend sellin parts n had a guy to pay with paypal. Friends doesn't has it so he using mine. Guy sends me a msg with trans# n says thx. Well I never got a confirmatio from paypal or an email. This was on saturaday. Today I chk and still nada. Anytime I've received a payment, I get an email to paypal stating so. So I think this guy sent a bogus trans # n sent me the MSG so I'd have the friend ship the part.. Yal Thinkin the same or do yal have this happen too? I just now chk'd the payment received history n it's blank.

I've never seen that. I have always gotten the confirmation email. Has anything cleared in your paypal account yet?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Ok. Yeah my account is zero... He is bogus. Friend almost sent the part!!

Good catch. I always check the account balance. Since I never see the e-mails they get lost in Pat's e-mail. A week later he will ask what x dollars was for :rofl:

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Update

Figured it out. Bastard kept sending me emails stating to chk my span box that I should have received the conformation. I called paypal still believin this guy, and they said samething, my account would instantly show money in it b4 the email. This guy then sent me a copy of conformation that had my name on it n all with trans #. paypal even told me it was sent to me. I got to looking at my email address and he put a period b4 he started like [email protected]. Paypal is like ooo that's why he made a mistake. So I tell him to cancel the transaction and redo my email address. Crickets, he is a ghost now, won't return any emails. I wonder how many he fooled like that. They tell him they sent the prpduct n he withdraws the product.... Whatch out yal...his email name was frank medina

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You reported his information to Paypal's Theft people, didnt you?

There are scumbags all over the place. Glad you found this guy out before you shipped.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Gotta Love dirtbags trying to rip people off all the time:mad:

Glad you caught it and thanks for the warning.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Glad you didnt get :dupe: 'ed

Thats the kinda crap that scares me. I sold a rare MAC/Jesse James toolbox/toolset on Ebay once, before it shipped, this thing got bubble-wrapped from hell and had a veritable wooden Fort Knox of a box built around it, and the buyer claimed it was trashed when he got it, (shipped insured) Yet he wouldnt communicate to us (had a friend sell it cause i didnt have an account either at the time) and he wouldnt send pics of damage, etc. I offered to refund if he sent it back and all......no awnser, he kept persuing Paypals claims dept. trying to screw me! Luckily he lost out!:cool2: