Parts Cleaning Bins

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Was looking at some at Harbour Freight, but some of the stuff they sell is kinda crappy.

Don't want to get one that the pump goes out in 6 months. What do you guys recommend.

What fluid are you guys using as well?

Thanks

-John

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
Im having that problem right now...I bought a 20 gal and put mineral spirits in it and the pump went out in about a week! They made the pump good but the say use water based fluid in it:confused: **** that!!! Somebody said change the seals in the pump and continue useing min. spirits but i dont know.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I use petroleum solvent and have had a System1 unit for 15 years. It recycles the solvent twice a week. Sure does save a lot of money.

jlb444

May 25, 2010
MISSOURI !!!!
We use a cleaner that ZEP products put in our shop. It uses solvent and has a recycle function that we usually run 1 time a week. Safety-Clean comes by like once every 2-3 months or something and replaces the solvent. We've been using the same unit for like 5 years now with no problems.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I use petroleum solvent and have had a System1 unit for 15 years. It recycles the solvent twice a week. Sure does save a lot of money.

Holy crap Mike...those things are 5 grand. They do look awesome though...May just stick to the 79 dollar Harbor freight one and replace the pump when it goes out lol.

I'm more of a hobbist so spending that kind of cash on that is bit out of my league.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Holy crap Mike...those things are 5 grand. They do look awesome though...May just stick to the 79 dollar Harbor freight one and replace the pump when it goes out lol.

I'm more of a hobbist so spending that kind of cash on that is bit out of my league.

When I bought it, it was 3500.00 and I almost shit at the price. :eek::rofl: