Part number needed: Van Thermostat Housing

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Anyone know the part number for the van thermostat housing that faces forward?

Thanks.

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
I don't have the part #, but your going to crap your pants when the dealer tells you how much it costs.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I don't have the part #, but your going to crap your pants when the dealer tells you how much it costs.

A Duramax part that is expensive!!!?? Say it aint so!:D

The dealer looked one up for a 2004 van and said the pic looked just the like the truck one so he wasn't sure it was right. He quoted me $88.

Anybody got a used one?

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
A Duramax part that is expensive!!!?? Say it aint so!:D

The dealer looked one up for a 2004 van and said the pic looked just the like the truck one so he wasn't sure it was right. He quoted me $88.

Anybody got a used one?

04 van isnt going to be a dmax. 1st dmax van was 06 i think.

gmpartsdirect lists 2 different ones, option 1 and option 2:confused:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I will be ordering one today. Ill let you know when it shows up if its correct.:)

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
What about blocking the hole on the outlet, and make a new hole on the top? I was looking into doing this for the drag truck! If the fitting on the top is the right angle, the stock hard line can be turned sideways and re used.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
What about blocking the hole on the outlet, and make a new hole on the top? I was looking into doing this for the drag truck! If the fitting on the top is the right angle, the stock hard line can be turned sideways and re used.

Im trying to picture what your talking about but having a hard time.

Heres the only pic of a van housing I can find

Attachments

• Van t-stat2.jpg
    Van t-stat2.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 171

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
ChristAlmighty I think I have dementia....I read that as Bridge. WTF am I thinking? Wonder if I have dyslexia?

Sorry guys. I am an idiot.

I'll bet you anything Henry can get one of the van Tstat housings, though.

Last edited:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What kind of price Henry? Also, do you know if the Van upper radiator hose will match up to the truck radiator when used with this housing?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
At over 300 bucks foe the setUp I'm thinking it would
be better to mod the
stock unit and use the metal flex rad
hose. I could b wrong but
it don't looklike a good fit with the second cp3 either

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
What kind of price Henry? Also, do you know if the Van upper radiator hose will match up to the truck radiator when used with this housing?

I would have to hit the dealer up and look up the part in the computer to get the right part number. But the hose from are truck will nut work you would need a flex metal setup from summit racing or jegs. If you haveca part number I can give you a rough price if it's the right part.