Question: Park brake light

stiffler

Mar 1, 2011
Wisconsin
I have looked and have not heared of any one with this issue. At night truck off ,key out of ignition, The park brake light on dash is on but dim! Start truck it goes bright on dash self test. This is on dim all the time and it is starting to get to me :mad:. Any one got an idea?

stiffler

Mar 1, 2011
Wisconsin
I will try and see. I did how ever replace the master this summer issue was there before and after! Thanks for response let you know what it does.

stiffler

Mar 1, 2011
Wisconsin
I unplugged sensor on master all it did was flicker! But it is on dim all the time but goes bright on start up for dash self test. Power back feed ? Bad ground some where?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
It has been lke that for a year or 2 ! How long do you think it will last?
Not sure how long it will last. However, these trucks drive fine without a working cluster, so I say run it until it fails, then get a new cluster. No point replacing it now unless it is draining your batteries.

stiffler

Mar 1, 2011
Wisconsin
Is there a way to verify cause? I hardly drive it and little things just irritate me. I wasn't thinking of it being a cluster issue. If that is what the issue is I'll keep running it. I will spend my time researching my next upgades Tranny in near future!!

Pbnj429

Jan 20, 2013
Michigan
anyone around you

See if there is anyone around you with the same cluster and swap them. I had an issue (on my Suburban) I thought was an ECM so instead of buying a new one a guy from work cam over with a Tech tool and his ame year suburban and we swapped ECM's and my issue was still there. We found out I had corrosion in a plug under the left kick panel and repalced the plug ($9.50 part) and everything works perfect now. just a thought!!