LBZ: P2610 & p2510

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
These are ECM codes and seem to have cropped up after my Viper remote start/alarm fell out of sync with the factory alarm. Did the alarm fry my ECM? I am going to disconnect the batteries for an hour to see if it clears up.

Any ideas?

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
These are ECM codes and seem to have cropped up after my Viper remote start/alarm fell out of sync with the factory alarm. Did the alarm fry my ECM? I am going to disconnect the batteries for an hour to see if it clears up.

Any ideas?

Have you physically touched the ECM? Even for the Viper install? How new is the auto start?

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
P2610 & p2510

And what do you mean fell out of sync?

Seems as if your auto start is waking the ECM relay up and keeping it on hence one of your codes.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
And what do you mean fell out of sync?

Seems as if your auto start is waking the ECM relay up and keeping it on hence one of your codes.

Out of sync meaning would activate factory lock but not itself. I had to set the alarm several times for it all to be locked and armed. normally it's just one tap of the lock button.

Now they work that way again, but I am getting an ECM code now.

:mad:

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I would swap the ECM relay with the park LP relay and reset the codes and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
So I disconnected the batteries, then disconnected both engine harnesses and then reconnected everything. Codes did not come back up. Have not tried a remote start cycle. That will be next. So far just using the alarm does not set any codes.