p2263 after the delete

profisher7

Jun 18, 2017
iv posted this in multiple forums and no one seems to even comment on it so ill try my luck here.

i deleted my 2012 gmc with ppei 120hp tune along with the tcm tune. 8 miles after the tune i got the p2263 code along with limp mode. i turned the truck off and started it once again and the code was still there but the truck ran perfectly fine. its happened multiple times after the fact its getting annoying. no one has any info about this problem i have found. is it tuning or something else? i know its a turbo code but it spools and runs just perfect, im very confused and dont want to constantly clear codes

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Look, how are we to know what you've done? We are not standing there looking at your truck.
The logical course of action is to talk to your tuner first. The second thing you should be doing is getting back under the hood and double checking all your work there.

profisher7

Jun 18, 2017
i did unplugg all 3 of the egr sensors as the paper direct, and i was thinking about map sensor, idk how to test if its bad or not though. ill call ppei tomorrow and see what i cant find out and let you guys know

hemi392

Oct 20, 2016
I have a 2016 3500 with 25000 miles and while towing coming up a grade with tow haul and exhaust brake on it went into limp mode. And p2263 code. Pulled off. Shut it down and started it back up and finished the 400 mile trip with out another incident. But gonna have it checked. Not sure why it did it. Traveled over 900 miles before it happened. Makes me nervous. Brand new truck doing this?? What the.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROAMfree

2015 Chevy 3500 dually
Jul 5, 2022
linktr.ee
I have a 2016 3500 with 25000 miles and while towing coming up a grade with tow haul and exhaust brake on it went into limp mode. And p2263 code. Pulled off. Shut it down and started it back up and finished the 400 mile trip with out another incident. But gonna have it checked. Not sure why it did it. Traveled over 900 miles before it happened. Makes me nervous. Brand new truck doing this?? What the.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you remember what the solution was to this problem? Searching forums for this exact same scenario that happened to me. 2015 3500 with 120,000 miles. Just picked it up from a dealer in Oklahoma, made it to Colorado without incident. Towing thru Colorado, limp mode and p2263 came up. Finished the last 45 miles without issue. Cleared the code and it hasn’t returned… yet.