P0776

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I just built a 5 speed for a friend and it shifts great till it goes to shift into 4th and it acts like it goes into neutral and sets this code. Looks like something with C2 according to apply charts but everything I've found online people are saying it's a speed sensor or transfer case issue? I'm planning on swapping the VB tonight with a known good one before pulling the trans but figured I'd post on here first...
0d89f55ab1bac356ab628e7560983af7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Time to go back and see what you did wrong.
Yeah I'm curious what I missed or did wrong, I've rebuilt quite a few and never had a problem, all my clearances are in spec and I've used the exact parts in a trans 3 weeks ago that turned out perfect.

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
Yeah I'm curious what I missed or did wrong, I've rebuilt quite a few and never had a problem, all my clearances are in spec and I've used the exact parts in a trans 3 weeks ago that turned out perfect.

Excuse my ignorant comment but what exactly was the picture? Not real familiar with the internals of a trans and always wanting to learn. Thanks!

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Well i pulled the valve body out of my truck after work Wednesday and put it in his, same code and no 4th gear so we pulled the trans and tore it down to find the stripped hub, I took parts out of a core trans I had to fix it, put it back together with his valve body and drove it on the lift, still had a tie up in 3rd to 4th but we called it a night as it was 1:30 am. I went back today and put my valve body in and it's absolutely perfect, obviously a stuck valve in the valve body

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yikes. Who has that kind of money to burn? Glad you were able to figure out the root cause of the failure. Kudos to you.